What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

benbess

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben
I've slowly become more aware over the decades that I've been a fan of The Twilight Zone that at least a few of the episodes are homages, in a sense, to Hollywood movies. For instance, "The 16mm Shrine," which I watched long before I ever saw Sunset Blvd, seems clearly influenced by that classic film—although it also adds a completely TZ twist at the end. "Queen of the Nile" was, of course, influence by the various Cleopatra movies—from 1917, 1934, and 1963.

I think there are at least a couple of other episodes that were influenced by various movies, but I'm not recalling them at the moment. Any thoughts?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dropped down to $71. I simply could not resist now. I'm sure now it will drop lower, but I can't take it any longer.

That's still under 15 bucks a season, which is a reasonable price for pretty much any show on Blu.

And it's cheap at double the price, IMO.

Sa5150

Second Unit
Real Name
steve
It's 68$ shipped at amazon canada , I cancelled my amazon usa order which came out $10 more because of tax . (It's 2-4 weeks before it ships) but I'm in no hurry . I ended up selling my original set for $160 ..I could by more stuff with the extra money and I don't mind the cheap packaging .

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Slightly frustrated that I paid $135 (inc. tax) from Amazon just last week, and it's now nearly half that.

However, I went in with my eyes open (I was only in the US for a week so had to act fast), and am extremely pleased with the set. Beautiful picture and audio quality, stunning extras. Besides all the technical stuff, it's also one of the greatest television shows ever made - such astonishing creativity and variety.

Superb set, even at $135!

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
If you add this https://www.amazon.com/Rod-Serling-Submitted-Your-Approval/dp/B00008DDG5, you'll have all the important special features from the old DE sets.

This was rereleased in October as well it appears so no reason to pay full price (or worse) since it's not OOP anymore. It doesn't appear Amazon has the new disc listed for some reason

deepdiscount.com/american-masters-presents-rod-serling-submitted-for-your-approval/032429260970

The HTF referral add-on is destroying my attempt at a direct link so may be easier to copy and paste -- $8.64 at Deep Discount +$2 shipping (or FS with $25)

It's also at BN.com for around $12 with one of the 15% off coupons and FS if you're a member and don't want to order something for the shipping

Last edited:

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Forgive if this has been addressed upthread, but did the BluRay set restore the Pall Mall cigarette logos to the closing credits of some fifth-season episodes? They were on the Columbia House tapes but left off the Image DVDs, IIRC.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone know where to find a handy print-out of all the extras on The Twilight Zone Complete Series blu-ray set? The package itself doesn't list them, and they are voluminous.

In particular, I am trying to find a lecture (not audio-only) that Serling gave to college students in which he talks about chasing his past and trying to revisit it with his writing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know where to find a handy print-out of all the extras on The Twilight Zone Complete Series blu-ray set? The package itself doesn't list them, and they are voluminous.

In particular, I am trying to find a lecture (not audio-only) that Serling gave to college students in which he talks about chasing his past and trying to revisit it with his writing.
Ohhhh, non-audio- I think you want the "Excerpt from Rod Serling's Sherwood Oaks Experimental College Lecture" on the last disc of S5.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks