What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The "To Serve Man" twist ending is absolutely chilling, especially the first time seen, or if you haven't seen it in awhile and forget the ending!

First time I saw that episode was as a kid during a marathon on WPIX and for whatever reason I had to leave the house before it ended - I got as far as the aliens being all nice to the humans, and then the scientists decoding the book and rushing to tell everyone, and then a parent came in and turned it off before they reveal what it said. I had to wait a whole year to see the last five minutes!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
First time I saw that episode was as a kid during a marathon on WPIX and for whatever reason I had to leave the house before it ended - I got as far as the aliens being all nice to the humans, and then the scientists decoding the book and rushing to tell everyone, and then a parent came in and turned it off before they reveal what it said. I had to wait a whole year to see the last five minutes!

Ack.jpg

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
There were tons of episodes of Batman ‘66, the original Star Trek and TZ that took me years to see the entirety of the episodes because of stuff like that. It’s a fun memory now but it makes me so grateful for everything from VCRs and DVRs to discs to streaming to have more options than just “wait til the next year’s marathon and hope the episode isn’t on past your bedtime”.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
There were tons of episodes of Batman ‘66, the original Star Trek and TZ that took me years to see the entirety of the episodes because of stuff like that. It’s a fun memory now but it makes me so grateful for everything from VCRs and DVRs to discs to streaming to have more options than just “wait til the next year’s marathon and hope the episode isn’t on past your bedtime”.

Same for me, especially Twilight Zone and Batman '66. The blu-ray sets of both series have really been a journey of discovery, which has been a great pleasure. And so often in syndication, at least where I was, the two episodes of Batman were not shown consecutively so it was a jumble. There were many Twilight Zone episodes I never saw until home video.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Same for me, especially Twilight Zone and Batman '66. The blu-ray sets of both series have really been a journey of discovery, which has been a great pleasure. And so often in syndication, at least where I was, the two episodes of Batman were not shown consecutively so it was a jumble. There were many Twilight Zone episodes I never saw until home video.
From what I recall, the BATMAN '66 episodes were always shown in their proper order on separate days. I also remember the Londinium story line seemed to go on forever! It occurs to me, I haven't really watched my BATMAN '66 Blu-rays since 2015-16, after having viewed them all on those beautiful looking Blu-ray transfers! I may rectify that, soon!

Meanwhile, I've just barely scratched the surface of THE TWILIGHT ZONE Blu-ray set! "Night of the Meek" looks much improved, although faraway shots always look a bit naff on videotape.

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks