What's new

A couple pics from my local HT meet (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Saturday, February 2nd I held my first HT meet here in Huntington Beach, CA. It was a blast.
Those who attended:
RobertR.
Jonathan Burk
Jason Merrick
John Gordon and his wife Lisa
Carlo Medina and his GF Ann
Tom Young
Jeff Cooper
Gregg Loewen
Here's a couple pics from the event.
Here's a pic of Tom Young (left) and Jonathan Burk.
Tom-Joanthanpic.jpg

Here's RobertR. (left) and John Gordon
RobertR-JohnGpic.jpg

From left to right; Jeff Cooper, Gregg Loewen, Jason Merrick and Carlo Medina in the back. The guys are watching Gregg work his magic on my Mits.
Jeff-Gregg-Jason-Carlopic.jpg

Here's a pic of; the back of Jasons head:), Gregg and Jeff helping and watching Gregg.
Gregg-Jeffpic.jpg

I wish I had taken a group shot, next time. I had a great time and I hope everyone who attended did as well. We mainly hung out and chatted, watched a couple films, ate dinner and watched Gregg calibrate.
I must thank Gregg for the calibration. My Mits now produces an extrememtly beautiful picture because of him. From the calibration my black level is excellent, very deep blacks, yet with great detail. The colors are extrememly vibrant and the picture is very sharp. I cannot recommend his serivices enough. Thank you Gregg.
Also, I'd like to thank John Gordons wife, Lisa, for helping out my wife so much with the food prep and clean up. I think my wife was a bit overwhelmed by the large scope of the dinner and Lisa was a tremendous help, along with Ann who also helped out.
It was great to see a lot of you guys again from the local HTF meet back in early 2001 and it was great to meet some new people.
Thanks again to all who attended and I look forward to doing this again.
Peace Out~:D

Tom Young

Agent
Ron, Thanks for being the perfect host. I had a great time and appreciate you offering up your house for the gathering. It was great seeing and talking to SoCal HTF gang again. The "Green Room" was awesome; the food was great and the conversations wonderful. My only gripe was I could not stay longer. I needed to leave around 7:30pm to give my wife some needed assistance with our 6 week old. Thanks again Ron and all who helped make it a great evening.

Tom

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Ron, thank you and your wife for being such wonderful hosts. The whole time was pretty awesome. I think I can speak for everyone in the respect we all had a great time. The food was wonderful, the video screenings were great, and just hanging-out having a good time were all fantastic. Thanks again.
John
PS. Looking forward to the next one. :D

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
Ron & Wife,
Thanks so much for your hospitality! The "Green" room that is, of course, now black is a testament to what can be done with an extra bedroom. I loved seeing Gregg at work, if for no other reason than to prove to me that there is no way I should ever even consider opening up my own television. Now if I can just convince Gregg to come and calibrate my Sony Watchman, actually I could just mail it to him to calibrate at his convenience! :)
By the way, how could you tell that was the back of MY head? :confused: :D
The food was excellent, house was beautiful, HT was amazing, fire pit was killer... all in all, I can't think of a much better way to spend a day. Thanks again.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ron, you and your wife were excellent and gracious hosts, and I enjoyed myself a lot. It was all there--interesting tech stuff, good movies (got to see two I'd never seen before!), very good food, and very good company. Thank you so much.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ron,

Ann and I can't thank you and your wife enough for being such absolutely great hosts and inviting us into your lovely home (not to mention the now famous Green Room)! I was going to start a thread myself but figured that you'd be chiming in with some of those pics you took.

We should do a web page for this meet and put it on the HTF Meets page. We could even do a write up on the festivities if people were interested. I wouldn't mind doing a write up of my day (which started with a Disneyland trip w/ Jason & Jonathan) to add to whatever you wanted to write about the meet. And then of course we could ask Gregg to chime in with his impressions of the whole thing.

It was great seeing everybody again, and I do hope that we can all get together again in the near future!

Again, many thanks for a wonderful Saturday!

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Looks like it was a lot of fun. :) I wish I lived closer to some of you all so I could attend these meets.
Jon

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Ron,
Did Gregg use any special program (like Video Essentials) to calibrate your system? Why is there what appears to be white ribbons run criss-cross over your monitor as he calibrates?
EDIT: Ron--never mind. I just found a thread about Gregg in the TV/Projections area and I see he is a professional and uses professional equipment. Must have been nice to get such a great service :)
Thanks for sharing the photos.
Tom

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
Why is there what appears to be white ribbons run criss-cross over your monitor as he calibrates?
The calibration wasn't going so well, and Gregg got angry and put his fist through Ron's screen, so we had to tape it back together... :D Just Kidding! :D
Ron, thank you for having all of us over! I had a great time and it was excellent to hang out with some of the people I met at the local LA meet last year. The "Green" room was most impressive! It was hilarious watching peoples reactions to Mulin Rouge. Next time we shall have to screen 'Rat Race', I hear that it is a very funny movie ;) Thanks also go out to the ladies for preparing a tasty meal for everyone!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Thanks guys. Glad to hear everyone had a great time. I really look forward to doing it again.
The calibration wasn't going so well, and Gregg got angry and put his fist through Ron's screen, so we had to tape it back together
Good one Jeff:)

Jason Merrick

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Merrick
See, now you guys are coming to your senses... it just took time to sink in I think.
Well Ron, when is the Rat Race screening at the Green Room? Your wife mentioned that she wanted to see it too... :)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Rat Race, Rat Race, hummmmm, it seems I heard this movie title somewhere before;)
Unfortunatly the next three Saturdys are filled. But, maybe the first Saturday in March we can hook up and view (Rons shivers) Rat Race. Oh yeah, and maybe sit out and enjoy the fire pit as well. I'll keep you guys posted.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Definitely let me know if this happens, Ron.
That way you can save me rental charges... :)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Hey, the hospitality, the cheesecake, the other good food, and the fire pit would make seeing Rat Race again worth it. ;)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Hey, I'll make it happen. It will depend on Jason getting the time off. Well Jason???
Maybe we can order up pizza or something. Keep it a bit more on the relaxed side (for my wife, that is).

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Pizza would be great, and I wouldn't mind making & bringing food if people wanted to make it a potluck type of thing!
We'll just have to see what Jason "Rat Race" Merrick says. ;)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Pizza sounds great to me too :) What to watch for the second feature? Maybe another well-in-advance surprise? ;) ;)

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Pizza! I'm there. Potluck, I'm there as well? Rat Race, hmmmm? Let me think. As for a second feature, Demolition Man would work well. Don't they eat rat burgers in that movie? Yeah, Rat Race and rat burgers. Could be a good combo.

And advance surprises are always fun.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hi guys!

Ron, thanks for being an awesome host!! Your event was great and I am envious of your HT!

Jeff, see my post in Ron E's review thread where I responded to your question about mattes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks