What's new

77 Sunset Strip / Hawaiian Eye, etc. (1 Viewer)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
TVGuide 3/21/59
IMG_2837.jpeg

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I looked through the MeTV Plus schedule and "Hawaiian Eye" and "77 Sunset Strip" have been relegated to the overnight shift. I looked at the schedule for Sunday, October 8th and there they are so most will actually air early Monday mornings (October 9th).

"Eye" will be on at 11 pm Sunday night with the episode "Caves of Pele" and "Man in a Rage" Monday at 2 am
"77" will air at midnight with "Sierra" and early Monday at 3 am with "The Silent Caper"
2 "Peter Gunn" episodes will air at 1 am.

So, it's...
11 pm Hawaiian Eye
12 am 77 Sunset Strip
1 am Peter Gunn (2 episodes)
2 am Hawaiian Eye
3 am 77 Sunset Strip

criblecoblis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Spencer
Hello, everybody. Just checking in. I actually took the step of buying one of those German 77SS DVD sets, just to see what the state of the prints is. I won't be able to watch them until I get my computer setup back to full function. Anyway, doing that made me think of you all, and I thought it was high time I checked in.

My life has been something of a whirlwind since last I posted, which is pretty much why I haven't posted. I'm still recovering from that head koonk I got a few years back. At least, I hope I still have more recovering to do! But in any event, there have been a lot of changes, mostly positive ones, and none really negative.

One of my current projects is to recover my ability to write cogently, which I haven't really been able to do for some time without serious effort. But after several years of drifting, it's time for me to put my nose back to the grindstone.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
Hello, everybody. Just checking in. I actually took the step of buying one of those German 77SS DVD sets, just to see what the state of the prints is. I won't be able to watch them until I get my computer setup back to full function. Anyway, doing that made me think of you all, and I thought it was high time I checked in.

My life has been something of a whirlwind since last I posted, which is pretty much why I haven't posted. I'm still recovering from that head koonk I got a few years back. At least, I hope I still have more recovering to do! But in any event, there have been a lot of changes, mostly positive ones, and none really negative.

One of my current projects is to recover my ability to write cogently, which I haven't really been able to do for some time without serious effort. But after several years of drifting, it's time for me to put my nose back to the grindstone.
Good to hear from you Rob.
Cheers

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
But don't they run the shows edited and/or time compressed?
Is it one or the other, or both? No one has given a definitive answer. At some point, I'll record one and sit down and A/B it with one of my film chained episodes and see which it is. I know WB took all of the bumpers into and out of commercial off.

Tom.W

Second Unit
I did an A/B comparison with my copies from MeTV+ and Goodlife when they began on Plus about two years ago. MeTV+ is definitely sped up. It's noticeable in some dialogue. Most of the teasers are cut from MeTV+. There may be some minor cuts (less than one minute). In all likelihood, the edits (missing footage) will show up compared to film transfers.

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I wonder if all the Surfside 6 episodes are stowed away in a WB vault somewhere. I have the MeTV episodes, but the fellow that made the set used awful unwatchable materials for many of the episodes. The MeTV ones, though, looked pretty nice. Sure would love to see the others in their glory. Wonder if there's any chance these actually survive.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I love that Elizabeth Montgomery is mentioned in the article as a future guest star. This was a year before Bewitched premiered. She may have not been a household name at the time, but it proves that she was beginning to get recognition as a respected actress. She had also earned an Emmy nomination for her performance on an episode of The Untouchables a few years earlier

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks