What's new

77 Sunset Strip / Hawaiian Eye, etc. (2 Viewers)

ponset

Screenwriter
Real Name
scott
1658992515389.png

criblecoblis

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Rob Spencer
This was late enough, and 77 was early enough, for me to qualify to stay up and watch the whole thing. And I can say with authority that our family TV was on ABC for all of this. But oddly, the only 77SS ep I recall from before MeTV is The Kookie Caper, which must have been one of the classic eps they re-ran after the 6th season was ended. So I suspect that my family rejected the 6th season pretty quickly. BTW, I assume this ad was from the Mountain time zone.

Rustifer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russ J.
Did I hear that right?

I watched the 2017 film of Agatha Christie's Crooked House on Netflix--one of her typical murder mysteries that takes place in a stately English mansion among an eccentric aristocratic and thoroughly dysfunctional family--starring Glenn Close, Terrence Stamp, Gillian Anderson and Christina Hendricks. Background music highlighting the 50's time period was particularly eclectic--one of which included Connie Stevens warbling Kookie, Kookie--Lend Me Your Comb.
Blew me away.

Rustifer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russ J.
Diane McBain has died. The last regular on Surfside 6.

McBain died on the morning of December 21st, 2022 while battling liver cancer. She passed away at the Motion Picture Country Home in Los Angeles, California, where she had lived for a number of years.

I haven't seen any online obituarys yet.
The WB actors from the detective shows are pretty well thinned out now.
Many years ago I tried--foolishly--to visit Roger Smith's home. Couldn't get near the place.
Don't know what I would've said if I had.

Last edited:

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

The 1960's

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neal Rose

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
And now a little poetry from Wally Cox as the voice of Underdog.
Never mind the kitchen faucet going drip, drip, drip, for I guess starred in an episode of 77 Sunset Strip.
Stu has the flu, Jeff, Kookie, Roscoe, Suzanne, and J.R. are all gone, lacking the jive, for the multi-part episode I appeared in is titled "5".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks