What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

Bryan Beckman

Second Unit
I think Anne Wersching was the real standout of the past two hours for me so far. She and Kiefer Sutherland seem to have very good chemistry on screen, and her character and Jack make for a pretty effective team (she keeps her cool, can come up with an effective cover story at the drop of a hat, keeps Jack on a good leash, is tactically intelligent and an excellent shot). If the producers have pegged her as a potential love interest, I hope they keep it on a Mulder-and-Scully level. She's a definite step up from the ever-in-distress Audrey.

Heh, now just watch and find out she's the mole. Anything's possible at this point.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I don't buy it either which is why I believe they just rushed through the explanation in the first 15 minutes hoping no one would really notice and off we go with the plot. As long as Jack is seen as buying it, who is the audience to complain?

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I was surprised that he was dead already. I thought this was something we would see this season.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
They wanted him alive. How could they be sure that he wouldn't have died in either of those crashes? Poor planning/bad writing.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think it's more of a desire to shock the audience in the first minute more than anything else. It's not like it takes Shakespeare to realize that a much easier and covert way of getting the guy would be to quietly kidnap him at home rather than cause a big accident and fire off guns in the streets of downtown Washington D.C.

Or maybe Tony is still a good guy and wanted to cause a scene to get everyone's attention so the government tries stop him and, by extenstion, his boss.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG

Of course he is!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
It was made pretty obvious he was playing along to gain the other bad guy's trust as to the "real" act of terror to follow. Even if the Feds checked the other agencies for an undercover op... that just means he's now a paid up member of Her Majesty's Secret Service. :D

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Hopefully there's more to the story that we'll find out soon. I thought I heard a line last night that suggested this, but I can't remember what it was so perhaps I'm just imagining that.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I thought it was a decent start. Much better than that 'Redemption' nonsense. The comedy factor was definitely high. I especially liked Jack's homemade silencer with the dirty towel sitting on the ground.

One complaint I have is I think Cherry Jones is horribly cast as president. She is just not presidential in any way. She seems like she should be playing Chloe's mom or something instead. I suppose you could make the same case for Logan, but at least he was thrown in from being VP (and wasn't actually elected).

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
^^Regarding the above spoiler about the above spoiler

I predict we will see Chloe tonight. In the previews last night the announcer said something like, "you won't have to wait past tomorrow night for the next big surprise!" While to me seeing Chloe isn't much of a surprise, you know how they are with those promotions. I think we might see Buchanon tonight as well.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Great to have Jack back!!! I watched the premiere with a very critical eye because I was so disgusted by S6 that I wanted to see if the show had its' old magic back for this new season and so far I'm not disappointed. It was a very fun 2 hours and it flew by IMHO. Can't wait for the 2nd half of the premiere tonight. :emoji_thumbsup:

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
My other observations...

I am getting tired of this cliche'

To inform the Joe Six Pack viewing audience about political issues, have the dumb, I'm just like you are, President ask 1000 question after being told a fact.

Important Guy - Madam Prez, they have control of our computer systems.
M. Prez - Huh? What does that mean? What can they do with that? Can't we just pull a plug???

I miss the days of Haysbert as Prez Palmer. Now that was a President.

If I worked in a company where there were that many moles hindering my work, I would look for another line of work.

The RoboCop count goes +1 !
Kurtwood Smith!

Although I liked the episodes (and there are 2 more to watch) this has to be the weakest, in terms of action and thrills of any 24 opener.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I'm with you, Scott. I thought Redemption was dreadfully boring but was quite pleased with the first 2 episodes of Season 7.

John Watson

Screenwriter

Yes, I thought Renee was good too. Everything else you say makes sense tho :D

As for her boss, he looks like George Mason, talks like George Mason...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I hate those lines because I think they're there for nitpickers (rather than to fully spell out things for dummies). I have little doubt that if they didn't have lines like that, this thread would have lots of posts saying "Why can't they just turn it off? BAD WRITING!"

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor

Using the 24 magic teleportation machine.

It will get you from L.A. to Washington D.C. by the commercial break.

Or, let me guess, they were subpoenaed for questioning in Jack's trial.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
BIG SPOILER

Chloe comes in around episode 3 I believe as she helps Jack break Almeda out of custody... and then the hijinks begin!

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Another thing I had to laugh at was the new "Angry Almeida" look. Did he have that angry face surgically placed?

And what's the over/under on number of episodes Jack and Tony are working together?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks