What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Considering that nearly every character Jack has known is either dead or has had a terrible event happen to them (or both), I think Kim is actually the smartest character because she got away from him.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
And even if you accept the premise that Kim dug her own hole (which I don't, necessarily), it's not like your opinion on these things matters.
Jack likely believes that he's responsible in large part for anything Kim's gone through, which is why he might feel the need for any sort of redeption.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Kind of looks like they are ripping off the plots of Die Hard 2 and Live Free or Die Hard. But we'll see what happens

I can't believe that they are really trying to throw Jack under the bus for the six times he saved the county. And that he hasn't recived any pardons him. And now there is this dumb douche in the FBI saying "wahhhhhahh don't let Jack anywhere near the suspect" Why don't they realize to let Jack do what ever the hell he wants.

Joe_H

Screenwriter
Okay, first of all, of course the first time I'm trying to watch something new in weeks and of course my recording computer messes up and I miss the first 20 minutes.

Secondly, I hadn't been reading anything on the show (intentionally), and I did miss the first 20 minutes as I said (I'll check it on Hulu tomorrow)... but wtf, Tony's back? He got stabbed in the throat by Henderson, there better be some damn good explanation.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I had a question after watching the first hour.

The President had a son in Redemption.
In the S7 opener...

They mention her son has died. Is that the same son? Did I miss that happening in Redemption?

Joe_H

Screenwriter

I can't remember, I think I'm going to go back and watch Redemption again tomorrow afternoon, but didn't the friend find out something, and tell the son, so then both the friend and son were killed? I don't remember for sure.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The President's son committed suicide (or was most likely murdered) after Redemption and before S7. Near the end of Redemption, Jon Voight and a secret service agent say that the son will need to be taken care of since he heard his drug addict friend's info that can link him to funneling money to General Juma in Sangala.

He co-shot someone on Tony's boat.

If only for old times, I'll do the 24 bodycount again:

episode 1
1. Schector/Tanner
2. Ari/Tanner

episode 2
3. henchman/Renee
4. henchman/Jack and Renee

Note: Tanner only looked wounded (after Jack used him as a shield) so I'm not counting him.

Mikah Cerucco

Senior HTF Member
It's nice to see Jack out of LA. And yes, it's irritating to see Jack being held accountable in this way, but they did give voice to the viewer point of view with the FBI agent in the car with him. To a degree, I don't mind Jack being held responsible for the same reasons he mentioned. Still, at some point, I'd like to see him back being the Hero and not the scapegoat.

I don't remember how Tony supposedly died, but he definitely didn't die immediately from the stab in the neck. I remember us here talking about how much/fast he was recovering from that stab wound as he continued doing things in that season (probably the same season Michelle died, which is what was driving him).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Tony died because Henderson (Peter Weller's character) injected him with chemicals that Tony was going to use to kill him, for vengence for Michelle's death.

I wonder if the hearings at the beginning were lip service to the criticism 24 got in the sixth season for their "promotion" of toture.

Also Tony wasn't stabbed in the neck. He was shot in the neck but that was in Season 3

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Agent Walker (Anne Wersching) is pretty hot for a FBI agent. I can do without Chloe-wannabe.

Sam (Carly Pope) is also very easy on the eyes.

Season 7 is off on a good start.

Joe_H

Screenwriter

Yeah, I've rewatched a few seasons lately, it all must've blurred together a bit. I knew he was stabbed with a syringe and injected, but I thought it was in the neck for some reason.

Anyway, I've seen the 20 minutes I missed and I don't buy that explanation at all. They say Tony was taken away by paramedics... why would paramedics or doctors or anyone who didn't know who he was fake his death. I mean he might have at the time believed the President would come after him or something, but at the same time, he would've needed a ton of support to do that, and without Michelle or Jack knowing, who would've helped him to do that.

Whatever, I'll get past that, it was a good return for the first two hours, took what Redemption started and ramped it up a bit, but who knows how well they'll be able to maintain that momentum through the season. Hopefully it'll at least continue through tomorrow. (I seem to recall the awful season 6 even having a pretty decent opening 4 hours).

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Technical implausibility, moles, and silly office romance/politics -- 24 is back!

Yes of course. I also recall a promo bit after Redemption with the FBI boss unconvincingly stating that since we're the good guys we follow the rules, and Jack puts him in his place and tells how How Things Are Done.

The writers should stop being so damned sensitive about their wacko fantasy world and concentrate on making sure the action and excitement outweighs the stupidity.

The hot babes also help.

John Watson

Screenwriter

I've a feeling you're gonna have lots of laughs throughout the series, as the next poster Ken says : Technical implausibility, moles, and silly office romance/politics -- 24 is back!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks