What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I suppose there is a chemistry...but man I really hope they don't go down that road.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I feel the same here, and thinking about it more, it does make sense. I also liked what Tony was yelling at Jack as he was being taken away.

Whenever the torture debate comes up, I sometimes wonder, how Jack was able to go through with torturing his own brother? We're not talking about just another terrorist, but someone in your own family.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Too bad Paul McCrane looks nothing like Keifer Sutherland. That's was odd casting, but at least McCrane brought some acting chops to the torture scenes.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I wondered if he was even supposed to be Jack's brother when the character was first introduced in Season 5.

What I never could figure out is why they hired James Cromwell (a fine actor) to play Jack's dad when Kiefer's father is a pretty good actor in his own right. I just never believed that Cromwell was his dad, that casting choice didn't work for me. Chances are, the whole involvement of Jack's family was so far-fetched and beyond ridiculous anyway that it wouldn't have worked no matter who played it.

Walter C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Walter

I think Donald was offered the role, but turned it down because he was too busy at the time.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm nearly positive that on a commentary they say they made it up during S6. They wanted to have a story involving Jack's family and they still had the Graem character floating around from S5 so they married the two ideas.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just got back from vacation this week and caught up on the final
two episodes of 24.

I realize that based on what I have read here that my opinion is
going to be an unpopular one.

I would just comment that I thought last season was the worst
in the 24 series and this season was just as bad.

Just a really off-the-wall final two episodes. First you have the
actress who plays Kim Bauer who can't act her way out of a paper
bag. First she's on fire and then seconds later she is brushing off
a burn injury showing Renee how to use the computer to track a suspect.

Then, after Jack is thrown on an operating table and drugged in
order to extract his spinal fluid, minutes later Jack is back in full action.

I just found the show to be more overly pathetic than usual.

...that's not to say I won't be watching the show next season.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I respectfully disagree, Ron. The final 8 or so hours of the show were fairly weak, but on the whole S7 absolutely blows away the pathetic S6. It's a shame the writers apparently ran out of steam at the end because for a large part of the season it seemed like they were on track for one of the best, if not the best, seasons of the show ever. :frowning:

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
All should be better next season. I hear they have already cast Freddie Prinze Jr. as the head of CTU field ops.
Kidding aside, I'll give him a chance, but I think I would rather have Rick Schroeder with an eye patch. ;)

Regards,

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Regarding Ken's spooiler, I've learned my lesson, these past few years, to definately not judge an actor by their previous credits. Cases in point: Brian Austin Green in "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," and Joshua Jackson in "Fringe." Both actors suprised the hell out of me with just how good they are, given the proper vehicle.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
^what josh said.

my beef is didn't the writers have MONTHS and MONTHS to plan the entire season out? it still feels like they were writing these episodes on the fly and just nonsensically throwing things in there for no good reason.

is it cause jon cassar lefT?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks