What's new

24: Season Seven (1 Viewer)

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else see Redemption last night? I thought it was a good bridging episode to show that Jack has been away for a long time dodging a subpoena. It also nicely is setting up events of season 7. A lot of the deaths in the episode were quite predictable, but it was still exciting. It seemed that Jonas Hodges (Jon Voight's character) took a big risk in killing Chris. I'd think the President's son (Roger) might be a bit suspicious, especially not being able to find the body. I think something drug related that would completely discredit him would have been better. Now Hodges' men want to keep an eye on Roger. Now what are they going to do with him? That is quite dangerous. Just what are Hodges' motives in this whole thing anyway? I am looking forward to the season start in January.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
it'll be on Sundays yeah? we'll also be getting all first 4 episodes am i right?

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I thought it was on Mondays, with the first 2 hours being on Sunday, and the second 2 being on Monday, then 1 hour on Mondays for the next 20 weeks.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

I'm guessing, if the past couple seasons are any indication, that it'll take a little less than 20 weeks. The season finale will almost certainly be two hours, and usually they sneak another two-hour block in around mid-season. That's always the most exciting part when they're showing you next week's preview and the announcer suddenly says that next week's broadcast will be a double!

bosque

Agent
Real Name
Robert Evans
I didn't get the sub-title of the two-hour movie. Here's a guy who has singlehandedly saved L.A. from total destruction at least twice, stopped a deadly virus from circulating across the US, prevented the assasination of a Presidential candidate and has shown himself willing on a number of occasions to sacrifice his own life for the sake of his country, and yet he somehow has to seek (or be given) "redemption" ?

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Jack, himself, clearly feels he has much to atone for: In his mind, his wife met a bad end because of him, Audrey was held prisoner and tortured, and, heck, you just have to look at the beginning of season 5, where David Palmer and Michelle Dessler were murdered in large part to frame him (and Tony soon followed). He's made a hash of his daughter's life. It's not unreasonable for him to want to do so unambiguous good.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The TV movie was originally to be called "Exile", and they only changed the title a month or two before it aired. I think it fit better than "Redemption", but really, what's in a name?

WillG

Senior HTF Member
As has been speculated on "Redemption" probably has a double meaning as in a redemption of the series from the (according to popular opinion) way sub-par season Six

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
well, in the process of saving the village, he still got his special ops-friend-turned-mr.-charity killed as well. surely he's going to hell j/k :laugh:

WillG

Senior HTF Member

We never actually saw him die. Which in the "24" universe means he certainly could still be alive.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Heck, even if we see them die, that means very little!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
For what it's worth, I think Robert Carlyle's character is dead but if they wanted to bring him back, the door is open. Afterall, the bad guy colonel that he blew up withended up surviving the landmine explosion in the extended cut of Redemption and is featured in S7.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor

I don't know that I'd want to see Robert Carlyle's character considering what shape he'd probably be in!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Actually, unless he shows up early this season, I highly doubt he's going to show up - Robert Carlyle's been hired to star in Stargate:Universe that will start filming very shortly.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i only know who robert carlyle is after his appearance on this and now SGU.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks