What's new

24: Season 2 - Hour 2 - 11/05/02 (1 Viewer)

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
My take on Kim on an anticipated future demise 10 point scale: Kim 10 and the bad guys 8. What do you one do when they reach the relative safety of a busy street with people and traffic? They kick their antagonist and then go back into another unoccupied ally. Preferably one with a dead end. Something's wrong with the writing when you find yourself rooting for the bad guy.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes you have to wonder if the makers of 24 just enjoy making Kim run around with absolutely no contingency plans.
It's only a matter of time before Kim somehow gets strapped to the nuclear bomb. So many mixed emotions...bomb=bad, but Kim+toasted=good. I guess they'll have to save her... AGAIN.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
A very good episode. How Kim keeps getting herself into these situations, I'll never know. And it's only the second hour. A mindless distraction from the main plot, but fun to watch, and it beats the amnesia bit from last year. Again, they leave us with a great setup for next week.

Frank Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Love the series so far. If it were not as strong as it is the whole Kim story line would ruin the whole show for me. I knew right away she would drive down the alley as soon as she looked that way. Why stay where people are? MMMM maybe the dad can kill Kim end that particularly stupid story and we can get a little bit of filler with Jack tracking the dad down.

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
BTW how many readers on this thread have only watched season 1 on DVD and now watch season 2 on broadcast time?
Started watching 24 last year during it's encore presentation on Fridays after Dark Angel. I had the TiVo record Smallville on Tuesdays but had to make a decision once Fox dropped the encore presentations. Since I had missed 1 or 2 eps before hour 12, I decided to drop 24 and hope for a rebroadcast in the summer. Luckily, the DVD was announced and I caught up before the October season premiere. Now, I'm TiVoing 24 on Tuesday and TiVoing Smallville on UPNs Sunday rebroadcast. This will all cease once I get my DirecTiVo Series 2. :D

John Watson

Screenwriter
Liberties with timing?!!
My wife also forces us to watche ALIAS, so I hardly noticed that defect in 24 :)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I thoroughly enjoyed Hour 2. I cheered when Kim hit that guy (yes I'm not up on the names yet) with the crowbar. Of course I cheered after I yelled at her to hit him with the crowbar. This is as close to interactive TV as I've ever been. I love this program.

I can't wait until Hour 3. I feel like I should feel sure that Jack will save the CTU, but with the season finale last year, I feel as if I can't be sure. Tuesday can't come to soon.

One bad note : My local Fox affilliate's HD feed lost it's sound sometime early in the evening, and it didn't come back until Wednesday morning. I complained to the cable company and to Fox, but neither responded. I may have to watch the rerun just to catch it in pseudo-hidef, and in widescreen.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I have no problem with the stupid trouble Kim's getting into, most of the time I am mesmerized at how sweet she look.

Jeff Pug

Stunt Coordinator
I am not exactly sure how anyone would have a problem with her running to or from anything :)

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
There's a chance that Mandy, the sexy bisexual parachuting terrorist, might turn up again in season 2. This may be a real message or if may be a spoof from someone pretending to be Mia Kirshner (the actor)*, recently shared on her unofficial website:

And in answer to your question concerning the second season of the FOX drama "24", you nailed it right on the head. The producers do not wish me to share anything about my role this season, or the possibility therewithin of me making a return appearance in the same character or any semblance of it. With that said...I hope you enjoy this season. It should most definitely, be in one word..."entertaining."
Hoping she'll be back...

(Doubtful it was a spoof, as she related answers to a couple questions which only she, or a fellow person from her hometown, would've known).

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
I finally caught the replay last night. Nobody mentioned in this thread a possible connection to Nina when they were discussing the groom's passport entries. Anyone else notice that his last stamp was Frankfurt? We all know that Nina was working for a faction in Germany. Doesn't this seem a bit coincidental? Perhaps I am reading too much into it, but this may be a clue.

--Tom

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
I hope they deal with Nina's return the same way they dealt with Palmer's assassination attempt: early in the season.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks