What's new

2022-2023 NFL Season (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
I don't know if it is a topic for discussion in the offseason. I believe if the Bills get into the AFC Championship game this season, the NFL had come up with a plan to play the game in Atlanta. This being the factor they feel would even the playing field in terms of the Bills/Bengals game not getting completed. Personally, I do not want to see this. If the Chiefs and Bills get to the Championship game, just play it in Kansas City. If the Bills make it and the Chiefs do not, play it in Buffalo.

If they play neutral site games it will be in a dome or warm weather stadium. Most likely they would just pick domes that are somewhat close to both teams that are playing to make the travel somewhat equal for them.

The AFC Championship Game is only in Atlanta this year if it's Chiefs vs. Bills. If it's any other combination of teams, normal rules are in place.

So if the NFL was making contingencies for the AFC Championship and the Ravens/Bengals game, why not make any for the Bills/Bengals game this weekend? If the Bengals had won the cancelled game, they would be the #2 seed and hosting the Bills this weekend.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The AFC Championship Game is only in Atlanta this year if it's Chiefs vs. Bills. If it's any other combination of teams, normal rules are in place.

So if the NFL was making contingencies for the AFC Championship and the Ravens/Bengals game, why not make any for the Bills/Bengals game this weekend? If the Bengals had won the cancelled game, they would be the #2 seed and hosting the Bills this weekend.
Yes the Bengals are getting jobbed. I don’t think it matters much tomorrow- Bengals are banged up on the offensive line, and I doubt Allen plays like he did last week.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Well, Mahomes is limping pretty badly right now and the Jags have the game tied up, so this could come down to the wire. The Jaguars have a shot to knock out the Chiefs.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Well, Mahomes is limping pretty badly right now and the Jags have the game tied up, so this could come down to the wire. The Jaguars have a shot to knock out the Chiefs.
I doubt it. Jags defense has to make a stop, which they haven’t done yet.

Edit- after getting taped, Mahomes still doesn’t look right.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I stopped watching as soon as the ref called roughing the passer- didn’t even watch the replay to see how legit the call was. I was getting annoyed at how the broadcasters were slanting everything the Chiefs way, as if they had a team to root for (networks are guilty of doing this).

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
At the moment they are questioning if Mahomes will play the second half. They showed him jogging into the locker room and he looked alright. I would think he is coming back but Henne finished the half at QB for the Chiefs.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I will second a comment from the broadcast. I played a lot of basketball growing up and rolled my ankles more times than I can count. Rolling it out, with your foot inward, isn't a big deal. Rolling it in hurts like a MFer. It's amazing how much of a difference there is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
So much for Danny Jones getting 40-50M per year. The Giants Brass still has a bunch of work to do. Not nearly enough talent to be competitive against teams like the Eagles.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
So much for Danny Jones getting 40-50M per year. The Giants Brass still has a bunch of work to do. Not nearly enough talent to be competitive against teams like the Eagles.
Did you agree with Daboll’s going for the 4th and 8 on their opening drive? When I read that, I immediately thought reckless.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Nope, but they would have lost anyhow. Daboll knows his team isn't on the same level as the Eagles.
Yes he must have thought his team had nothing to lose, so it’s balls to the wall.
Interesting that he decided to not go for a 4th and 6 later on in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks