What's new

2021-2022 NFL Season (2 Viewers)

Which QB will have the most success this season?

• Carson Wentz - Colts

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Matt Stafford - Rams

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars

• Jimmy Garoppolo -49ers

• Ryan Fitzpatrick - Redskins

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Cam Newton - Patriots

• Jalen Hurts - Eagles

• Justin Fields - Bears

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Mac Jones

• Zach Wilson -Jets

• Sam Darnold - Panthers

• Jameis Winston - Saints

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I like the new overtime rule and would be fine if it was in season too.
The only issue with the regular season is that the NFL reduced the OT to a 10 minute period. Quite a few games have either come down to the last second or ended in a tie. Not sure why the league changed this a few years ago from a normal 15 minute OT. Do those extra five minutes that occasionally happen really matter for player recuperation?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
The extra five minutes should not be a recuperation problem but who knows with athletes these days with all the players getting time off to rest.

I saw a few ot games last 8+ minutes with the first possession. So that could cause team 2 an issue.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Eagles traded their 16th and 19th picks, and this year’s 6th round pick to the Saints. Eagles get the Saints 18th pick, a third round, a seventh round, next year’s first round pick, and a second round pick in 2024. Seems like the Eagles did well here, and it’s a bit head scratching for the Saints- a team that has a lousy cap situation, and likely won’t be any good until they get out from under the cap, and they trade assets high up in the draft in the next 2 years? Strange.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Eagles traded their 16th and 19th picks, and this year’s 6th round pick to the Saints. Eagles get the Saints 18th pick, a third round, a seventh round, next year’s first round pick, and a second round pick in 2024. Seems like the Eagles did well here, and it’s a bit head scratching for the Saints- a team that has a lousy cap situation, and likely won’t be any good until they get out from under the cap, and they trade assets high up in the draft in the next 2 years? Strange.

Made me think the Saints were collecting picks maybe to try to get their hands on one of the QBs.

Funny, I have never in my memory seen so many different takes on what QBs will get picked and when. Basically, among the experts, there is no consensus on which QB will or should get picked first. Some guys now have the Lions taking a QB at the second overall pick. I doubt it but I can see them pretending they will to get some team to trade up.

Several experts now say no QB comes off the board in round 1. That would be smart but I doubt that too because someone always gets excited and reaches for a QB.

We'll see but the Saints could package their two ones to move up again into the range to grab the QB they want...which is either Pickett, Willis, or Corral.

I am sticking with the idea that if you want any of these guys just wait to see who is on the board when you pick. Don't trade up for one of them. But hey, I don't run a team.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some sad news indeed:

Apparently, he was struck by a dump truck on a highway. Why was he walking on a highway? Hopefully, more details will follow.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Here's some good ol' football talk...

What’s the date on the video? Kenny sure looks like football has been kind to him. As a San Diego Charger fan I used to HATE him, especially after the emaculate deception. He would be fan to sit and listen to.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Wow, the stories around Tom Brady's flirtation with the Miami Dolphins are crazy. The story goes if Arians remained the head coach of the Buccaneers, Brady was looking at moving to the Dolphins, not just as a player but they were going to give him partial ownership of the team, and make him a team executive once he was done playing. On top of which, when this all happened, and it still may as of next season, there were talks to bring in Sean Peyton as the Dolphins head coach and Peyton is said to want the job.

The way it appears is Brady will play out one more year with the Buccaneers, he moved Arians out of the head coaching job, and then next season will move on to Miami, either as a player/owner or owner/executive and he will bring Peyton in as the head coach.

I can say two things at this stage, first Mike McDaniel must not like this situation at all as he was just freaking hired, and two Dolphins owner Stephen Ross seems like a real a-hole but he is a Michigan guy.

Last I think the Patriots had always considered bringing Tom back as a partial owner/team executive at some point. Looks like he will be doing that for a division rival instead.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I guess I would also say, Brady is a guy that never stops holding a grudge as going to the Dolphins as part owner would give him a chance to stick it to the Patriots for years to come. I don't think he has forgiven them.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The Raiders extended Carr for 3 more years so all that trade talk speculation about him can now stop.
Good move by Vegas. I don't watch the Raiders a lot, but Carr always looks decent when I do. He may not be elite, but Carr is a QB a team can win with if a solid roster is constructed around him. Similar to Stafford.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
So, I thought I was somehow thrown back in time or having some sort of weird flashback when I happened to see that the USFL is back and there is a full slate of games on this weekend.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Yeah was announced about a year ago.
There’s really no affiliation with the old league or even the cities they are named for.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks