What's new

2019 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yankees lost their best starting pitcher, James Paxton for a while due to knee inflammation. He got a cortisone shot in the knee so he's on the Injured List now. I'm hoping it's only a two week thing, but you never know with the luck the Yankees are having with injuries this year.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Did anybody see what happened in Friday night’s game between the Braves and Marlins?
Gausman gets run for throwing behind Urena, in retaliation for Urena throwing at Acuna last year. I hope Torre has enough common sense to not further discipline Gausman (instigators should get more punishment and/or less protection than the team that’s retaliating).

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Did anybody see what happened in Friday night’s game between the Braves and Marlins?
Gausman gets run for throwing behind Urena, in retaliation for Urena throwing at Acuna last year. I hope Torre has enough common sense to not further discipline Gausman (instigators should get more punishment and/or less protection than the team that’s retaliating).

Absolutely -- give Gausman a 3 day suspension with pay. Seems reasonable esp given Urena slap on the wrist he got last year for intentionally trying to injure a 20yo future superstar -- 6 days meaning he get 2 extra days rest b/w starts.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Not a good day for Giants pitcher Jeff Samardzija- 4 runs allowed on just 7 pitches in the 1st inning. Votto led off with a single on an 0-2 pitch. Suarez (good player) hits a 2 run HR on an 0-1 pitch. Winker HR on the first pitch. Dietrich HR on the first pitch. What a nightmare.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Mets swept by the brewers in Milwaukee .

Brewers are tough.

Mets played an 18 inning game on Saturday to. Ouch.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I don’t think the Brewers will get far due to their refusal to improve the starting pitching, and Hader and the rest of the bullpen will be out of gas come playoff time. Hard to understand why they haven’t made a run at Keuchel (could be that Keuchel still wants to much money, or more years than teams are willing to give him).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Reds LF Derek Dietrich was thrown at by Pirates pitcher Chris Archer early in the season. Dietrich will get thrown at again, unless he tones down his behavior. Dietrich has two 3 run HRs in the Friday night giveaway vs. the Giants. I saw the 2nd HR he hit in the 3rd inning- as soon as he made impact with the ball, he did the Tom Hanks with the tennis racket in Bachelor Party
(“Cleveland wins the pennant!”). Yes, the whole hurt feelings thing is childish, but pitchers do take exception to being shown up.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I don’t think the Brewers will get far due to their refusal to improve the starting pitching, and Hader and the rest of the bullpen will be out of gas come playoff time. Hard to understand why they haven’t made a run at Keuchel (could be that Keuchel still wants to much money, or more years than teams are willing to give him).

As horrible as Vargas has been and syndergaard I wonder if the Mets will pick him up in June.
Which means he would pitch in July?

Same with whoever signs Kimbrel...

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Funny that Keuchel and Kimbrel aren’t getting much press these days- out of sight, out of mind
I guess. Maybe both of them are being headstrong about what they think they’re worth.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Funny that Keuchel and Kimbrel aren’t getting much press these days- out of sight, out of mind
I guess. Maybe both of them are being headstrong about what they think they’re worth.

Teams have to cough up draft picks and international draft money if they sign them before June.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Terrible losses for the Reds Friday night and yesterday. That’s what seems to happen with bad teams- their pitching and hitting just don’t help each other out.

Cubbies are rolling now, and if the rest of the division doesn’t watch out, they’ll find themselves too far behind very quickly.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Terrible losses for the Reds Friday night and yesterday. That’s what seems to happen with bad teams- their pitching and hitting just don’t help each other out.

Cubbies are rolling now, and if the rest of the division doesn’t watch out, they’ll find themselves too far behind very quickly.

Reds won today in a blow out. Mlb app free game.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I listened to the Reds game (sad that radio voice Marty Brennaman is retiring at the end of the season- he’s one of the best). I think the Giants tied a major league record by hitting 4 Reds batters with a pitch in 1 inning. It was not a gem of a game.

I hated hearing that Gausman got 5 games- the Braves had a legitimate reason for throwing at Urena last Friday night. Baseball needs to let the teams play a little give and take.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
MLB needs to stop allowing all the players to run on the field whenever a ball gets a little too close to a batter and after a batter it hit.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
MLB needs to stop allowing all the players to run on the field whenever a ball gets a little too close to a batter and after a batter it hit.
If baseball hasn’t stopped player gatherings on the field by now, they likely never will. Sometimes extra players are necessary to break up fights too- most of the players who run on the field aren’t looking to start more fights- they’re out there in support of their own guy, or to kind of keep the peace.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Wow- bad loss for the Cubs. They get out to a quick 3-0 lead in the first, and I thought the Marlins would just mail it in at that point, and look for a quick way to get back to their climate controlled hotel rooms. Give them credit for not doing that.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
A’s pitcher Mike Fiers no-no last night at home vs. the Reds- 2 walks, 6 Ks, 131 pitches. The manager made a decision that goes against the cookbook by letting Fiers finish the game with a high pitch count. Good. The raging paranoia about pitch county today is understandable, and silly at the same time.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A’s pitcher Mike Fiers no-no last night at home vs. the Reds- 2 walks, 6 Ks, 131 pitches. The manager made a decision that goes against the cookbook by letting Fiers finish the game with a high pitch count. Good. The raging paranoia about pitch county today is understandable, and silly at the same time.
He's a soon to be 34 year old pitcher so why not.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
He's a soon to be 34 year old pitcher so why not.

Exactly. Interesting looking at his old games -- he has thrown over 110-115 pitches twice in his career
As a 30 yo during his first No Hitter and almost 34yo last night.

Interesting to see Dallas Brayden in the announcers booth last night. He threw a Perfect Game as a 26yo in 2010 -- 110 pitches and his first season pitching around 200 innings for the season so nothing really out of the norm. He tore his rotator cuff the next season in April, had surgery but never made it back to the majors and I'm not sure he even pitched in the minors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.