What's new

2019 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Mets are reeling. They win last night thanks to Alonso.

Lost today in the rubber match.

Many questions and not a consistent team at all right now.

I feel like many teams are having issues.

The Mets run differential is not doing them any favors. They have allowed more runs than they have scored which typically translates to a losing record.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Yankees got their starting CF back from the Injured List today, but placed two more players on the Injured List. One step forward, two steps back. Looks like Andújar will have to have surgery to repair that labrum tear which means he's done for the year.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Yankees got their starting CF back from the Injured List today, but placed two more players on the Injured List. One step forward, two steps back. Looks like Andújar will have to have surgery to repair that labrum tear which means he's done for the year.

And they took 2 out of 3 from the first place Rays!!

Mets were rained out on Sunday.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Yankees in first place despite the fact that Aaron judge , Chris Stanton and Luis Severino are on the Injured List !

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
OOPS! Giancarlo Stanton. (But In my defense he's been on the IL for so much of this season so far , I should be forgiven for forgetting his name !) BTW, does anyone remember that "old timer" Jacoby Ellsbury LOL

Yankees keep rolling with those injuries. It’s good luck for them!!!

Mets win again versus Washington. This after being swept over the weekend by the marlins?!?!?

Mets have the injury bug too right now. Several key players are out.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Sure looks like Nationals manager Dave Martinez will be the first firing this season- the Nats are as dead as yesterday.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Sure looks like Nationals manager Dave Martinez will be the first firing this season- the Nats are as dead as yesterday.
How many managers is that GM going to get to hire and then fire? The GM gets some of the blame, but part of the problem is ownership as I've heard ownership doesn't believe in paying for good managers and they're little too involved in baseball decisions.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yeah GM Mike Rizzo is the cat with 9 lives here.
You’d think the owners are losing patience with him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Bill Buckner may you R.I.P. A fine ballplayer that deserved better than being remembered for that one error when the entire team failed to get it done in that 1986 WS. It wasn't just Buckner's fault and any baseball fan with an ounce of knowledge would acknowledged that as Boston still had their opportunity to win that WS after that error. The same applies to Bartman and Cubs in that NLCS game. The Cubs had their chance to win that too, but didn't get it done as certain Cub players failed to do their job. We always want somebody to blame for failure, but we're rarely fair in assigning that blame.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Yes Buckner didn’t singlehandedly cost the Sox the 1986 championship- the game was tied when he failed to field the ground ball (a friend who’s a huge Sox fan told me they were 1 strike away from winning 4 different times in that inning before the ground ball). The Cubs fan
(I refuse to type his name) wasn’t at all responsible- the Cubs had a 3 run lead with 5 outs to go at the time of the foul pop up (how many fans WOULDN’T have tried to catch that ball?), then the worst error in baseball history was committed by Cubs SS Alex Gonzalez- tailor-made double play ball hit right to him that he choked on. Here’s another name that doesn’t deserve as much vitriol as he’s gotten- Don Dekinger. Yes he blew the call at 1B in the 1985 World Series, but the Cardinals made a couple of huge fielding mistakes after that call which contributed more to the blown lead than the call did.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yes Buckner didn’t singlehandedly cost the Sox the 1986 championship- the game was tied when he failed to field the ground ball (a friend who’s a huge Sox fan told me they were 1 strike away from winning 4 different times in that inning before the ground ball). The Cubs fan
(I refuse to type his name) wasn’t at all responsible- the Cubs had a 3 run lead with 5 outs to go at the time of the foul pop up (how many fans WOULDN’T have tried to catch that ball?), then the worst error in baseball history was committed by Cubs SS Alex Gonzalez- tailor-made double play ball hit right to him that he choked on. Here’s another name that doesn’t deserve as much vitriol as he’s gotten- Don Dekinger. Yes he blew the call at 1B in the 1985 World Series, but the Cardinals made a couple of huge fielding mistakes after that call which contributed more to the blown lead than the call did.

Agreed. Bad calls or plays are part of baseball. You have to be good enough to overcome them as a team.

A loss on Buckner. He was a solid and fantastic baseball player and person.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
What do you guys think of this? A minor league game between the Hartford Yard Goats (cool name) and the Trenton Thunder ended in tempers flaring. The Yard Goats had a combined no-no going into the 9th, 3 run lead, 1 out, and a Thunder player bunted for a base hit. I’m torn- while I think it’s a chicken shit way to get the first hit of the game, I think the game was close enough to get base runners on in an attempt to even the score. This is part of the childish unwritten rules where players get angry and offended at trivial things.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Kimbrel is going to Wrigley Field. I wish the Phils had gotten him.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
What do you guys think of this? A minor league game between the Hartford Yard Goats (cool name) and the Trenton Thunder ended in tempers flaring. The Yard Goats had a combined no-no going into the 9th, 3 run lead, 1 out, and a Thunder player bunted for a base hit. I’m torn- while I think it’s a chicken shit way to get the first hit of the game, I think the game was close enough to get base runners on in an attempt to even the score. This is part of the childish unwritten rules where players get angry and offended at trivial things.

Play the game by the rules written esp if it's in attempt to win the game and not embarrass the other team or player

If it's a 160lb guy with 40SB, no power, and 10bunt hits in an attempt to get on base in a close game then no problems. .
If this was a 280lb, 30HR guy who never bunts and bunted down the 3rd base line for a hit then it's a bit iffy, but he's not the tying run in the batters box and his team needs baserunners. If they were using one of those 4 men infield on the 2nd base side then screw them anyway since they dared the guy to do it. ,

If it's a 8 run game, again a bit more questionable, but you play the game by the rules.

Now there are some unwritten rules I do take offense about.
Stealing Bases up to 10 runs in the 8th inning.
Rolling blocks at 2nd base to break up double plays, players who start their slide at the bag with the express reason of destroying the 2B.SS and the slide take them 5 feet past the bag (they have stopped most of this nonsense),
Head hunting to get revenge b/c a teammate (or 3) hit a HR the pitch before no matter what his celebration looked like.
Bat Flips and staged Touchdown Dances for solo HR when you're down by 8 runs in the 9th -- I'm rib cage hunting the next AB just for being stupid.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Rolling blocks at 2nd base to break up double plays, players who start their slide at the bag with the express reason of destroying the 2B.SS and the slide take them 5 feet past the bag (they have stopped most of this nonsense),

Yeh they aren’t allowed to do his anymore. This all stopped shortly after UtLey broke a guys leg a few years ago.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I would have liked Kimbrel on the Phils too but I haven’t seen what the Cubs are paying him yet.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I don’t think the terms of Kimbrel’s deal has been announced.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.