What's new

2019 MLB Season (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Mets pull together another win last night against the Braves.
Hoping to see the game on fs1 today.
DeGrom is pitching on Sunday night on espn.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Chris Davis gets a hit, and knocks in 2 runs at Boston today. There’s a bar in Baltimore that has advertised an open bar for 2 hours after the game when Davis gets his first hit. I wonder what that bar will be like in 2 hours- maximum occupancy, no doubt.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
:laugh: The Yankees added Greg Bird to the Injured List. Nobody saw that coming with Ellsbury Version II.;) At this injury rate, Yankee fans will be hoping for football season to start by Memorial Day.:) I mean damn, it's almost becoming comical the rate these Yankee players are dropping. Thankfully, I'm at the age to collect SS, otherwise, I would be pulling out my hair which I had back in my youth. I gave up a New York Yankees fan site before this season because it became too negative for me to post there or even read it for that matter. Those dudes must be having a fit and are ready for a straight jacket by now. Man, that was a good decision on my part to leave that site and go cold turkey as I wouldn't be able to see the comedy of what has transpired so far this baseball season.

Last edited:

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
At least the Yankees have a legitimate reason for their slow start- tons of injuries. The Sox can’t use this excuse- they just plain stink right now. Not good to go 3-3 at home vs. the Jays and Orioles- 2 really bad teams.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The Mets have had a few injuries this year. Hopefully they can stay healthy. 2018 was a horrible year for Mets players getting hurt.

It stinks when your team can’t stay healthy!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Mets have had a few injuries this year. Hopefully they can stay healthy. 2018 was a horrible year for Mets players getting hurt.

It stinks when your team can’t stay healthy!
Yesterday, you lost your ace for a while, but today my Yanks lost our best player for probably several weeks. Judge looked like he strain his oblique on a swing. It doesn't look like it's the Yankees year with all of these injuries. We've lost our LF, CF, RF, 3rd baseman, SS, 1st baseman and catcher and it's only April 20th. The hits keep on coming.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Yesterday, you lost your ace for a while, but today my Yanks lost our best player for probably several weeks. Judge looked like he strain his oblique on a swing. It doesn't look like it's the Yankees year with all of these injuries. We've lost our LF, CF, RF, 3rd baseman, SS, 1st baseman and catcher and it's only April 20th. The hits keep on coming.

DeGrom threw in St. Louis this morning.
He just had an mri a few weeks ago as well.
We’ll see..

Yankees are the game of the day. They are hammering the lifeless Royals. Watching and working...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Injuries seems Like an epidemic right now.

Phils lost 2 on Hammys this week and McCucthen came out of the game yesterday with a sore knee.

It’s still early so maybe these little injuries out of the way and players come back strong in the last 2/3 of the season.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The current Yankees Injured List is basically the Yankees starting lineup except for Gleyber Torres.

Aaron Hicks CF
Aaron Judge RF
Giancarlo Stanton LF
Gary Sanchez C
Miguel Andujar 3rd
Didi Gregorius SS
Troy Tulowitzki 2nd
Greg Bird 1st
Luis Severino SP
Dellin Betances RP

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
The current Yankees Injured List is basically the Yankees starting lineup except for Gleyber Torres.

Aaron Hicks CF
Aaron Judge RF
Giancarlo Stanton LF
Gary Sanchez C
Miguel Andujar 3rd
Didi Gregorius SS
Troy Tulowitzki 2nd
Greg Bird 1st
Luis Severino SP
Dellin Betances RP

Crazy

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Amazing come back by the Atlanta Braves last night! They needed that.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
The Yanks will be in the mix when their big guns come back. I’m still not all the way sold on the Yanks regular roster- not quite enough starting pitching, and the lineup is too much boom or bust, but the Rays won’t run away and hide
(they had an excellent chance to put the Sox deep in a hole, and failed to do so). The Rays will never be more than “the little engine that could” due to their financial situation- no superstar in his prime will be playing for them because they won’t be able to afford him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
That's just way beyond brutal!
We got back our starting catcher, but just lost our best replacement hitter Clint Frazier to the Injured List with an injured ankle. That's 15 Yankee players that have been placed on the Injured List this season and the Yankees only played 24 games so far. I've never seen anything like this so early in the baseball season with 138 more games to be played.:rolleyes:

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
We got back our starting catcher, but just lost our best replacement hitter Clint Frazier to the Injured List with an injured ankle. That's 15 Yankee players that have been placed on the Injured List this season and the Yankees only played 24 games so far. I've never seen anything like this so early in the baseball season with 138 more games to be played.:rolleyes:

It’s like last years mets team!!!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I think injuries in baseball are way overplayed. Every little twinge and ache is treated like they had a compound fracture or amputation. Athletes in other sports manage to play with injuries all the time, and in those sports there's a lot more exertion. Baseball is mostly standing around on the lawn or sitting in the dugout eating and spitting.

"Back tightness" or "minor joint discomfort" is not an injury. Get a massage, soak in the whirlpool, take an ibuprofen, and do your job!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.