What's new

2004 SAG Awards (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
First of all I assume that people are MAILING them in, not driving up like tax day. Second of all, how many Academy members really were waiting until the last possible second taking the risk of their vote not getting there in time.
Most of the Hollywood elite who wait until the last minute will probably be using the overnight delivery services or even the same day courier guaranteed delivery services that is now very common to meet that 5 p.m. deadline.

In my experience with surveys, people wait until the last minute to turn them in. As with individuals filing their tax returns with significant amount of taxes due, there is really no incentive to mail mail them in early. One has until April 15th to pay their tax and file their returns. A majority take advantage of this.

I'm not saying that Oscar voters wait until after the SAG to make up their minds. Being able to see all the films nominated in various categories at special screenings available only to Academy members would be more of a reason to not cast those ballots early.

~Edwin

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Actually after finally getting to properly watch my PotC DVD, I sort of am on the Depp bandwagon. I really thought Penn was great, but man do I remain impressed by how Depp just sucks every drop of fun there can be found out of each scene in that film. IMO he never misses and greatly enhances every comic moment.

"Mr. Cotten's....parrot" :laugh:

My fave part of that bit is actually the tongue reaction he has upon seeing Cotten's missing tongue.

If Depp wins I will have no problem in saying that it was well-deserved.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
If Depp wins, I'll just smile. Not to demean any of the other actors or performances, but he'll win in a "non-Oscar" role. He'll win doing comedy in a mindless (sort of) summer action adventure. He'll win because of exact reasons Seth lists. He makes the movie better. A LOT better. Brilliant.

Dying is easy, comedy is hard.

Take care,
Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks