What's new

Pre-Order Chicago (2002) (Blu-ray SteelBook) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Winner of six Academy Awards®, including Best Picture, director Rob Marshall’s musical sensation CHICAGO celebrates its 20th anniversary this year with a new, Limited-Edition Blu-ray™ SteelBook™, arriving February 7, 2023 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released wide on January 24, 2003, CHICAGO was nominated for 13 Academy Awards and won not only Best Picture, but also Best Supporting Actress for Catherine Zeta-Jones, Best Art Direction, Best Costume Design, Best Film Editing, and Best Sound.

A thrilling adaptation of the Broadway musical, the film boasts sensational performances from Zeta-Jones, Renée Zellweger, Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, John C. Reilly, Christine Baranski, and more. Filled with electrifying musical numbers, wildly entertaining satire, and plenty of razzle dazzle, CHICAGOremains a must-see cinematic spectacle.

The Limited-Edition Blu-ray SteelBook includes access to a Digital copy of the film and boasts over three hours of legacy bonus content, including commentary with director Rob Marshall and screenwriter Bill Condon, an extensive look at the film with cast and crew interviews, plus extended musical performances. Bonus content is detailed below:

• Feature Commentary with director Rob Marshall and screenwriter Bill Condon
    • Chicago in the Spotlight – A Retrospective with Cast and Crew
      • Bringing Chicago to Life: Adapting the Broadway Musical to Film
      • Developing the Screenplay: Collaborating with Bill Condon
      • Casting the Movie: Finding Actors Who Can Sing and Dance
      • The Extended Cast: The Great Dancers of Chicago
      • Rehearsals: The Best of Times
      • Rob Marshall: Born to Direct
      • Marty Richards: In Remembrance
      • Neil Meron and Craig Zadan: Renowned Musical Producers
      • The Magicians Behind the Camera: Colleen Atwood - Dion Beebe - John Myhre
      • The Best of Broadway: The Choreographers
      • The Director's Cut: Musical History is Made
      • The 75th Academy Awards: And the Oscar goes to…
      • The 85th Academy Awards: A Walk Down Memory Lane
      • The Relevance and Impact: The Aftermath of the Modern Day Musical
    • Extended Musical Performances
      • “And All That Jazz”
      • “When You’re Good to Mama”
      • “Cell Block Tango”
      • “We Both Reached For The Gun”
      • “Mister Cellophane”
      • “All I Care About”
      • “All I Care About” with Richard Gere
      • “Nowadays” with Renée Zellweger
      • “And All That Jazz” with Catherine Zeta-Jones
      • “I Can’t Do It Alone” rehearsal
      • “Nowadays/Hot Honey Rag” rehearsal
      • “We Both Reached For The Gun” rehearsal
      • “Cell Block Tango” rehearsal

• image001.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
What, if anything, is new about this edition? Or is it just a reissue with a steelbook case? I haven't seen a press release yet. The film is 20 (!) years old this year, so they could be doing something new. But the existing Diamond Edition Blu-ray that I have is already pretty terrific.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I was about to say that I wouldn't be surprised if Lionsgate released it on UHD in half-a-year or so. While I like SteelBooks, I'm happy enough with the Diamond Edition BD that I'll pass until a UHD is announced.

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
There was a Japan Blu release several years back that had a Dolby Atmos track. Just so odd they would pass up on an anniversary release with yet another blu edition. Next time I buy it will be on 4K or nothing.

YANG

Screenwriter
螢幕擷取畫面 (49).png

frankly speaking... except for improvements on the visual aspect, like 2K transfer base off 4K remaster like Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal type of work... I couldn't think of how HDR/4K transfer would do to this musical of lights and blings.
The audio part of thing... isn't 7.1TrueHD is more than enough?​

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
I love this movie. Only reason to double dip is for the new extras or if you collect steelbooks. No mention of a new scan so it's the same as the existing transfer. I am waiting for a 4K release.

Last edited:

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
View attachment 155772
frankly speaking... except for improvements on the visual aspect, like 2K transfer base off 4K remaster like Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal type of work... I couldn't think of how HDR/4K transfer would do to this musical of lights and blings.
The audio part of thing... isn't 7.1TrueHD is more than enough?​
This is the backcover of the existing blu ray only now Paramount instead of Lionsgate is releasing it, Correct?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is the backcover of the existing blu ray only now Paramount instead of Lionsgate is releasing it, Correct?
This was originally a Miramax film that was released on Blu-ray in 2007 through Disney/Buena Vista. The 2014 Blu-ray you referenced was Miramax through Lionsgate. It was released again on Blu-ray in 2020 by Paramount and now again by Paramount in 2023.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks