What's new

Pre-Order The Untouchables (1987) (4k UHD ) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Hands down. A great disc always beats a bad cover design.

BTW, please let this be an OCN scan, as I see no such mention of there being one within the posted announcement specs.

Other than that, our anticipations are high.:thumbs-up-smiley:

Last edited:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Hands down. A great disc always beats a bad cover design.

BTW, please let this be an OCN scan, as I see no such mention of there being one within the posted announcement specs.

Other than that, our anticipations are high.:thumbs-up-smiley:
Specs, to be fair, are sparse here anyway. Given the film is only 35 years old, a scan of the OCN is certainly within the realm of possibility, if not a foregone conclusion.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick

I am hoping for this as well. The Blu-ray from years ago really doesn't look so great.

JoshZ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joshua Zyber
As pointed out by users Mikezilla3k and E Unit on the DVDTalk forum, Amazon has an updated image for the cover art. It looks much better without the stupid FPS-shooter guns pointing up from the bottom of the stairs.

untouch.jpg

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
As pointed out by users Mikezilla3k and E Unit on the DVDTalk forum, Amazon has an updated image for the cover art. It looks much better without the stupid FPS-shooter guns pointing up from the bottom of the stairs.

View attachment 131051
A bit better perhaps, but Garcia, Connery, Costner, and Smith still resemble cheap cardboard standees from a Blockbuster Video going-out-of-business sale. It looks like a middle school Photoshop project to me.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I am sort of surprised that upon the announcement of this title, there were complaints about its artwork, and within a day or two, it's suddenly modified.

Probably coincidental, but I rarely see anything like that happen

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
Quite a lot of us are now going to watch Paramount's upcoming 4K UHD releases with an eye on what they are doing with the film grain. The 2007 blu-ray was one of the very first blu-rays I purchased and doesn't look good at all, projected.

There is far more predicability, when purchasing new titles from the boutique labels, who consistently provide details of the people involved with producing the digital master for the disc. In contrast, there is very little transparency and information provided by the studios producing their discs "in-house".

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop

Her reaction to the Elevator scene :emoji_cry:

She is one of my favorite Youtube channels.

So, this video did two things for me, one it made me want to revisit Untouchables and two when she states she does not know who Al Capone is it made me remember I have now been alive long enough that I have to keep in mind things I think are common knowledge are not.

This reminded me of sitting next to a couple of twenty somethings in the cinema watching Once Upon a Time in Hollywood and they had no idea who Charles Manson or the Manson family were.

sleroi

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gavin Kopp
I received the steelbook today. It looks great, but it doesn't feel like other steelbook I own. It feels much more like a plastic book.

It's a minor nitpick, though. I'm very excited to watch this tonight.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I was wholly dissatisfied with the Blu-ray of this some years back. Crumby transfer. Other than the obvious increase in detail, does this 4K improve on that release? Anyone?

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Other than the obvious increase in detail, does this 4K improve on that release? Anyone?

Mr Harris reviewed this disc very favourably. In case you missed it, his report is here:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71V3OU3jYOL._SL1500_.jpg

Another Paramount re-issue seeing a major price drop. The studio is giving this stuff away. Great for people like myself who held off buying the original issues. Hopefully, others will be able to pick these titles up for a steal as well.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

https://www.amazon.com/The-Untoucha...16-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks