What's new

Survivor: Fiji (1 Viewer)

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
This season is boring. I don't feel they are really showing much of anything that has to do with the camps other than a few things here and there. What a snooze fest yesterdays show was.

Other than Yau-man's performance in the sumo game, I was just bored to death. I'm glad that Dreamz and Casandra are going to switch things up, maybe this will make for better viewing in the days to come. I don't think the idol will come in to play this season at all due to the location and the difficulty of digging there.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I think it's a decent season, much better than Cook Islands. But I just want them to go back to 16 contestants on two tribes. It worked well for the first seven seasons and season 12. Besides All Stars, I think the editing suffers greatly with more than 16.

I'm thinking it won't be a merge next time (nice job, CBS, a two-week break is great for building momentum :rolleyes:), but a tribal swap, since he said something like "Now we find out who gets the luxury camp."

ChristopherG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I hate to base anything on the promos but If one can believe what they showed last night, this game is far from over. There is more to this experiment coming than just continuing with the "haves" and "have-nots".

I hope.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> The concept of the "haves" and "have-nots" is especially aggravating.

Survivor has always been partly about pitting different groups against each other & seeing what happens: men vs women, old vs young, different ethnic groups, so this is a continuation of that. They didn't know how it would turn out when they were planning it.

I think the problem this time is more with how pathetic the one team is, not the format. How did any of the previous Survivor tribes do well? None of them had the luxury setup.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
One thing I keep coming back to is that if people checked out each of the Survivor threads here, I'd guess that most people posting "early on" feel as if the on-going season is slow and dull. And, before you know it, come the proclamations of "best season ever!" :D

Re: Dreamz & Cassandra switching things up. You gotta figure that's coming. With all that's left on the cutting room floor each episode, you've got to figure for the editors to spend so much time on Alex trying to convince Edgardo and the others to treat them better that it's about to play a role in future strategy.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

That was pretty much my point earlier when I expressed surprise that Ravu hadn't built much of a shelter or done much at all to improve their everyday living conditions.

Go back to Guatemala and Stephanie & Bobby Jon's tribe. There was a tribe that had some talent and drive...and still--never won a challenge!

In Guatemala, though, conditions were equal...so it was more clearly a comparison of team-to-team. With this "have" and "have-not" situation, it's easy for viewers to believe it's the producer's machinations that are impacting the outcome rather than just a question of tribe competency..

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
The most pathetic Survivor season I've seen. One tribe is starving, with no potable water for days (though now with fire they do have water), little food, and no protein against well fed, hydrated, rested opponents. Gee, I wonder how that will play out. A competition this loaded is just no fun to watch. The human game is fun, but it is also played in the physical challenges where strength, will, and determination can come into play. The sumo challenge was the most comical. One team is not only better fed, hydrated, and rested but heavier! Wonder how that will play out. I would have liked the choice of keeping the luxury vs. immunity angle. It made the luxury carry a high cost.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
Reminder- no episode tonight due to basketball, and next week it will be on Wed.

Not sure why no Wed episode this week.

MikeM

Screenwriter
Maybe because Papa Smurf had to leave the game and they were an episode short in their planning? Just a guess.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I suspect they make accododation in their planning for what they will do if 1, 2, 3 people leave without being eliminated. Probably just drop a double elimination or something like that. Personally, I suspect the departure of Melissa probably threw their plans out more than Gary leaving.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I thought I'd forgotten to record it Wed. At least we can go to cbs.com and view it there if missed.

I'm liking this season okay. I think the All Star was the worst. I couldn't stand everybody just sitting around letting the Robamber have it. :thumbsdown:

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Don't get me started on rankings... :D

1. Borneo
2. Pearl Islands
3. Marquesas
4. Africa
5. Panama - Exile Island
6. Australian Outback
7. Palau
8. All Stars
9. Amazon
10. Thailand
11. Guatemala
12. Vanuatu
13. Cook Islands

Fiji is somewhere between Palau and Guatemala probably.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
1. Pearl Islands
2. Borneo
3. Africa
4. Australian Outback
5. Guatemala
6. Palau
7. Thailand
8. Panama - Exile Island
9. Amazon
10. Marquesas
11. All Stars
12. Cook Islands
13. Vanuatu

I'm amazed at how little I remember about many seasons. I had to go back and look. I'm confident of my ranking. I'll probably pick up these DVDs season by season someday. It'd be awesome to look back at these. I think my problem with the All Stars was the outcome as well as the later episodes. I guess it started well.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Only if they pick up the pace releasing these season sets!

It IS fun to re-watch them on DVD, James! The commentaries (when provided) are VERY interesting!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
The DVDs are great...I only wish they included unseen footage like the Amazing Race sets (they need to get on those too, seasons 2, 3, and 5 are the best ones...)

The first five episodes of All Stars are superb. After that it has its moments but yeah, easily the most disappointing season ever.

Glad to see Africa so high on your ranking, James, very underrated season!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I caught Borneo about halfway in. I used to make fun of it because it looked stupid. Then I got hooked rather quickly after noticing cute Colleen. ;) It'd be really great to sit down and watch that one again. I'd certainly have to adjust my rankings. It had many classic moments.

I remember having a great time watching the Africa season. Lex, Tom, many others. Plus I really liked the location on that one. Location is a big part of the draw for me.

Commentaries would be fantastic. At least some text facts popping up now and then. And I was assuming there'd be a lot of unused footage from the original airing. That's disappointing.

Yeah, it's tough to wait on each season to come out. I have yet to start getting them. When I finally do it'll be a show I can't put down. Maybe 2 a day.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

I dunno. I thought Lisi's reaction after the pick 'em was completely off-the-wall. I loved Jeff's reaction. :laugh: I mean, WTF was she thinking? Every sentence that came out of her mouth seemed to contradict the one just prior to it. W-a-c-k-o. I honestly don't know where she was coming from...or what her frame of mind was. Her reaction to the HII clue was amazing, too! I'd say maybe there was some editing involved to make it seem odd...but Jeff's reaction seemed almost as perplexed as mine. :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sadly, I don't really care who stumbles into first place this season, a thoroughly forgetable cast of non-characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks