What's new

Survivor: Fiji (1 Viewer)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I thought it was funny that the new Ravu all-male tribe thought that they were so tough they couldn't lose. Then they go and lose to the new "weaker" Moto tribe. One of the toughest competitors in the challenge was the tiny Michelle!

Didn't they watch the Survivor season (can't remember which one) where the tribes started out as all-male and all-female - and the female tribe beat the men on several challenges!

Now that Anthony is gone who will Rocky give orders to. Hope he tries it with Lisi - she would kick his ass!

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Watching Lisi join the "Boy's Club" and the promise of fireworks to follow is the only thing sustaining me to tune in to the next episode of this lackluster season.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I actually enjoyed the game they played with the poles. 50% of the time I don't even watch the games but only wait until it's getting close to the end. But it was exciting enough.

Yeah, I don't get her for saying stupid stuff. They should've sent her home and let Anthony hang around a little bit longer. He seems to finally get a little fire under his britches.

Now, I'm hoping Yu-man finds the idol. He's done a pretty good job of the old duck and cover style of play so far. But....

The Anthony/Rocky stuff was pretty good.

I'm enjoying this season okay. NOt the best and not the worst.

spartan25

Auditioning
Real Name
Dave
Don't mean to jack the thread or anything, but do you guys remember the quote that Alex Angarita mentioned right after they changed the tribes around? I know it is from The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexander Dumas, but I was wondering if anyone remembered the exact quote (or even a rough estimate to give me some direction in finding it) or where it is in the book. Anybody tivo/record that episode? I really liked it and I can't seem to find it anywhere...thanks!

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
"Life is a storm my young friends, one day you're battered in the sunlight and you're shattered on the rocks the next. But it's what you do when that storm comes that makes you a man. So shout, do your worst as I shall do mine and the fates will know you as a man."

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Thanks to the one-week break, New Zealand is now, for possibly the first time ever, airing Survivor within a week of the US airdate. So I'm able to be up to date. YAY!

Interesting episode. Rocky is an awful horrible bully, and I was really angry with his team for allowing him to have his way. His display at tribal council was completely objectionable in every way, and the way he tried to claim that it was for Anthony's benefit was just an attempt to justify the indefensible. I love the fact that he claims it's Anthony that has no social skills, when I definitely know who I would rather associate with.

And it really was a great challenge. Sometimes, the Survivor challenges can be frustrating, because they just throw all sort of components together, where the audience is trying to keep track of what stage follows what. But this one is very clear - it was one challenge, very simple, but required a lot of analytical think and cooperation. There were even some nice uses of tactics to block the other team. You could tell since before the challenge started that it would be a good challenge, and it bore out as such.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Best episode of the season tonight. Yao-man is my favorite contestant since Rudy in the first season and Kelly back in Africa (who I doubt will ever lose the title) and is perhaps the most entertaining contestant since Johnny Fairplay. The fake idol was classic (even if I can't really imagine it fooling anyone).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Oh I don't know, Anthony...

1.) If anyone finds it...they will want to believe it's the real deal...and would they really think someone would do that??? That is, plant a fake idol?

2.) And, in most cases, they really can't ask anyone for their opinion on its authenticity!

3.) And, finally, these contestants don't seem like the sharpest pencils in the box. :D

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I loved him screwing with the other survivors by planting the fake idol. It reminded me of Rupert stealing the shoes. I hope it ends up playing a part in the game. I'd love to see someone pull out the fake idol and watch Jeff's reaction.

Finally an episode that didn't drive me up a wall. I'm very happy with the outcome tonight.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
It's going to be hilarious when someone presents the fake idol at tribal council, all confident he/she's safe, only to hear Jeff say "that's a fake idol'. :D

Great idea.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I don't think anyone in the current Moto tribe will find the fake idol because the other team keeps sending Earl to Exile Island and he already knows about it. It could come into play after the merge, if the merged tribe lives on Moto beach.

Lisi was dumb to tell others about the idol clues. Now they can vote her off and still find the idol on Ravu beach.

So, after the merge there is a potential that 3 idols will be in play (2 real, 1 fake).

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Anyone else notice how deftly Alex maneuvered Lisi's vote? I think he could easily rank up there with Yul WRT running the game without making enemies or, for a while at least, seem like he's running the game. :)

During that conversation, he brought up the idea of voting Rocky off as Edgardo's idea (thus masking his own impact on the vote) and then asked Lisi what she thought. He made her feel included and necessary and also didn't appear to be "in charge." Unless the original Ravu people wake up and see where the power really is, I think Alex will go far in the game. (And I'd be fine with that, as he seems to be a genuinely good guy who's playing a very smart game.)

Benny G

Second Unit
Dreamz is very much reminding me of Bubba from Forrest Gump.....the way they kind of tip their heads back when they talk...and their mouths in general. Maybe I'm crazy.

No comment needed on Lisi. I'm sure we all laughed about the same things with her.

I'm starting to think good things might happen to Boo.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
Yao Man rocked the immunity challenge!

Note to Edgardo: Don't say you're good at something (archery) if you suck at it.

Now Lisi can join her good friend Rocky on the jury. I'm sure she wants some "alone time" with him!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
As soon as he said it, my wife and I were waiting for the Survivor curse to strike. Have you noticed that whenever someone claims they're good at something they end up totally sucking at it? It all started with Keith Famie, the chef who couldn't cook.

I think Lisi is the dumbest, most unhinged contestant in recent memory. She is not only jaw-droppingly stupid, she also has absolutely no idea how awful she is. I hate people like that -- they think they have it all figured out and everyone else in the world is stupid. Tell me Lisi, why are you fielding questions from the general public for a living if you already know how the world works?

Moron.

And once again, it took a while for the game to start cooking, but I've really enjoyed the past couple of episodes. And I really like the tryptich of Yau-Man, Earl, and Michelle. I think Michelle may be the cutest Survivor since Colleen. Is Earl the first non-crazy, non-lazy black male Survivor with no wierd baggage or a chip on his shoulder? Was mark Burnett sleeping when he got cast? It just always bugged me that they couldn't find a well rounded black male for the cast -- it just seemed like they wanted a trouble-maker for the drama.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah! A couple a really fun episodes. Yau-man steals both shows! Very intersting comment about his fake idol reminding one of Ruperts shoe snatch. Good stuff! We'll see it again at the reunion show.

I couldn't stand Lisi either. I don't mind stupid morons (*looks at own av*, heh) but she had no style! I can understand why they might've wanted to keep her around a bit longer though. But so long, honey!! Dreamz is playing, you were not!

Nice comments about Earl too. He and Yau-man make a great team. I hope they are the final two. That would be a tough choice if nothing else changes in the game.

I actually wish Rocky was still in the game. But still it's been pretty fun to watch this season...so far.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the first few episodes were weak but I really enjoyed the last two.

I'd probably give the nod to Ibrehem from Palau, but he barely said anything the entire time so I guess Earl can claim the record. ;)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yau Man did, indeed, have my entire family cheering during the immunity challenge.

But did anyone else think that--because of the editing--viewers were supposed to get the impression that maybe Alex and Eduardo were deliberately trying to throw the challenge so they could vote off Lisi (or Dreamz)? Early in the show, they had said they knew who they were going to vote off next. The looks the two of them gave each other during the archery competition--again, thanks to the editors--seemed to be acknowledging some decision to throw the challenge.

Or maybe they all just sucked that bad? :confused: Or, maybe I've got to cut back on the crack I'm taking during the show! :D

=============================

It sure will be interesting to see how this three-way ownership of an immunity idol will work out. Two-way ownership will be tough enough. Three-will might be wild! I think the two HII's will add a VERY interesting dimension to the show after the merge.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks