What's new

Survivor: Fiji (1 Viewer)

Paul D G

Screenwriter

I don't know about you, but if I figured out why she was digging I'd jump in there and start digging too, and before you know it the whole camp will be digging at that hole like animals.

BTW - that there are two idols was mentioned in the premiere.

-paul

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yep, you'd have to be very clever to keep people from catching on that you were digging. But it'd be worth it to figure out something to throw them off. Anything! I'd tell everybody that a clue at excile island said there is food buried around the camp. "Lets look for it!!" :D

Didn't she have a night to dig? She should've stayed up all night to find that thing.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> What are the others going to do?

Duh, probably figure out she's looking for the idol and jump right in there doing the same. Then what would be the odds she'd find it instead of someone else?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
So, had Ravu won the immunity challenge, they probably would have given up their camp and moved in with Moto. :D

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Lisi is a major bitch. "I am Latin and I know what that Mexican is doing." Time after time, the dominant tribe gets complacent or cocky and when faced with their first true test of adversity they crumble like a house of cards. Been that way since season one.

Heard on my couch last night:
[wife, who is Korean]: The guy running the camera loves that Asian girl (Stacy).
[me]: I can't imagine why.

:)

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.
Had Ravu have actually won - they whould be given the choice of changing camps and voting someone off, or staying in their camp and having the other tribe vote someone off...

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I was very sorry to see Liliana go - and not just because she was very easy on the eyes (loved her Latina looks and nicely proportioned body). :) I think it was a tactical mistake for Moto to refuse to tough it out and dump someone.

Unless they edited it out, Moto didn't even ask if the switch was permanent (I would have asked that!) Since trust and unity are so important in this game, I would have taken some discomfort over losing numerical advantage.

And I pointed out to my girlfriend last night that it was interesting that, until the vote, it was only the women who wanted Lili gone; the men seemed to have no problem with her. I think it was her flirting that got her booted more than anything; Lisi and the others saw a threat for the men's loyalty and nipped it right there.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
What a crock! You win the Immunity Challenge, but in all reality you still lose because of a stupid twist? What the hell has happened to this show?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
I disagree, I thought that was a good twist. The luxury camp is a privilege, not a right.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't mind if they had a Reward Challenge to determine something like that, but it's just stupid to punish a team after winning immunity. It's basically "hey you won, but now you're gonna get the shaft big time" which just seems like B.S. to me.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I wonder which camp they will end up at after the merge. No doubt there will be some kind of twist!

mylan

Screenwriter
Wow, it is morning and not a single post about the crapfest that Fiji is becoming? I might have answered my own question though, it is like watching a train wreck after all. How badly can one tribe suck? This was so painful to watch that we fast forwarded to the TC just to see who got voted off. Between this and the American Idol results show it was a brutal night for tv.

Matt^Brown

Supporting Actor
I think last night was the first time that I ever FF through a Survivor episode. After watching the horrible reward challenge I just gave up and went to the TC. I really want to like this show but for some reason I just can't seem to get into it this season. Honestly, I am bummed about the whole thing. This has been a major part of my Thursday night for the last 8 years or however long it has been on. I hope that I was just having a off night and that next week will be better.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
It's like the first science experiment you do in 5th grade proving that if you heat water to 212 F, it will boil. If you feed, shelter and hydrate one group and deny it to another, the first group will be physically stronger and mentally more acute in a very short period of time. Good to know but after a few episodes, not compelling tv.

Two somewhat interesting developments - Lisi, Boo and Stacy are idiots and altogether not nice people, at least from what the editors decided to show us. Not showing someone how to make coffee? [chandler bing]Can you be any more petty? Can you be any more of an asshole?[/chandler bing] They have to know there is a tribe shuffle and merge somewhere in their future and they will need them. Shit, the lawyer even spelled it out for them. Secondly Dreamz sees it for what it is and bears them more animosity than even the other trive. I'm now rooting for Dreamz, the person I found most annoying in the first couple weeks, to take them down in a big way. Hate to lose the eye candy, but I want Stacy to get blindsided and wipe that cocky attitude right off her face.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
My household LOVES Survivor...but this season is, indeed, hard to enjoy. The concept of the "haves" and "have-nots" is especially aggravating. 16-year old son just keeps saying every episode that it's unfair that they've given one side such an advantage.

Look at the way the members of Ravu were stumbling around during that memory challenge and not even being able to function well as a unit.

I'm really surprised they haven't made more of an effort to build a shelter either. While i know they have the cave entrance in which to sleep, it seems they certainly could have improved their living conditions--although it seems now they are barely functioning.

That reward challenge (sumo/mud) was one of the most pathetic contests I've ever seen. One can only speculate under more even circumstances that Rocky and Earl would have been able to make a better showing. (Wonder why a Rita/Cassandra re-match after everyone else went? I wanted to see Rocky have one more crack at Dreamz! ;) )

We've also seen very little about how Moto is coming up with food (outside of winning challenges). D'ya suppose they are fishing? They've got three sets of fishing gear after all...but we've seen very little of life around camp (at either beach, frankly).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
At least the production crews get a reprieve from having to blur out all those nip slips by Rita in the challenges, a weekly treat now gone from the game. :)

Marianne

Supporting Actor
I was getting pissed off with the one-sidedness (?) of this season. I thought Ravu had a chance this time because it wasn't a physical challenge. Obviously the deprivation takes a mental as well as physical toll.

The good thing is:

The preview shows that the merge happens next time. Also shows Dreamz (and Cassandra?) going over to the Ravu team. Changes the balance of power. This shows that it's not always good to win immunity - you can't get rid of anyone!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In the end, Survivor usually ends up being more of a socio-political game, than just dominance in the challenges. This show thrives on displaying how human nature affects the outcome of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks