What's new

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live (AMC/AMC+) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
SeriesThread(s)
"The Walking Dead"
"Fear the Walking Dead"
"The Walking Dead: World Beyond"
"The Walking Dead: Dead City"
"The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon"
Stars Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira Return in Highly Anticipated Next Series in The Walking Dead Universe, Premiering February 25 on AMC and AMC+

First Look Trailer:

NEW YORK – January 10, 2024 – AMC Networks debuted the first trailer for The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live, premiering Sunday, February 25 on AMC and AMC+. Stars Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira return as the beloved TWD characters “Rick Grimes” and “Michonne” in the highly anticipated next series in the Walking Dead Universe.

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live presents an epic love story of two characters changed by a changed world. Kept apart by distance. By an unstoppable power. By the ghosts of who they were. Rick and Michonne are thrown into another world, built on a war against the dead… And ultimately, a war against the living. Can they find each other and who they were in a place and situation unlike any they’ve ever known before? Are they enemies? Lovers? Victims? Victors? Without each other, are they even alive — or will they find that they, too, are the Walking Dead?

The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live is executive produced by Showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Lincoln, Gurira, Denise Huth and Brian Bockrath.

For more information on the series, please visit: http://press.amcnetworks.com

Photos:
TheWalkingDead_TOWL_S01_002.jpg
TheWalkingDead_TOWL_S01_003.jpg
TheWalkingDead_TOWL_S01_004.jpg
TheWalkingDead_TOWL_S01_005sml.jpg
TheWalkingDead_TOWL_S01_007sml.jpg

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The premiere was tonight, and basically covered the several years between Rick's apparent demise in Season 9 and the post-Season 11 present. It also provided our most insight yet into the CRM, including the way the sabotage of Omaha in "World Beyond" was used as propaganda to reinforce the CRM's policy of absolute unyielding secrecy.

We also learn that the secret city of the Civil Republic is Philadelphia, which survived because one of the pilots assigned to firebomb it firebombed his comrades instead.

We learn about the lengths that Rick went to trying to reunite with his family, and we learn why he eventually gave up trying to reunite with his family.

It looks like next week's episode is going to shift to Michonne's perspective, covering what happened between when she left Alexandria in Season 10 and the post-Season 11 present.

This is a story that would have excited me a lot more if it had been told in 2018 or 2019, instead of stringing us along all of this time.

I thought "Daryl Dixon" was also a lot more stylish and engaging as a true spinoff rather than just a continuation.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
The premiere was tonight, and basically covered the several years between Rick's apparent demise in Season 9 and the post-Season 11 present.
Am I correct in assuming that the later seasons (with Dwight) of Fear The Walking Dead took place in the years after Rick's "death" in The Walking Dead? In other words, Fear is a few years in the past during this show?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Am I correct in assuming that the later seasons (with Dwight) of Fear The Walking Dead took place in the years after Rick's "death" in The Walking Dead? In other words, Fear is a few years in the past during this show?
To be honest, I petered out on "Fear" after the nukes went off.

But fan sites tell me that the TWD timeline really diverged from our own in 2010 with the global outbreak that took down civilization. Rick blows up the bridge and is MIA in February 2014. The main show jumped ahead six years at that point, introducing a preteen Judith.

Dwight first appears on "Fear" in the fifth season, in-story circa October 2013, or about a year before Rick's disappearance. But "Fear" would then have a number of its own time jumps. Dwight's last appearance, in the "Fear" series finale, is in-story circa March 2022, or around 8 years after Rick's disappearance.

The destruction of Omaha in "World Beyond" took place circa August 2020, and Rick watches the (heavily censored) aftermath on the CR television broadcast, so that gives us some indication of where this show fits into the timeline. It took Rick another year once he commits to CRM to set up the forward operating base on the outskirts of Portland, so that would put it around 2021 or 2022. If the latter, the "present" of this show would pretty much align with the series finale of "Fear". There are rumors that Morgan and his daughter Mo will show up later on in the season, which would necessitate the timelines converging in that way.

"Daryl Dixon" S1 is set in 2023, while "Dead City" S1 is set in 2029.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
To be honest, I petered out on "Fear" after the nukes went off.

But fan sites tell me that the TWD timeline...
Thanks for the info! I started looking at The Walking Dead Wiki timeline but they broke down things by year and they were using episode titles & not denoting which series was what so I quickly gave up. :laugh:

You weren't missing anything with Fear... especially that last season.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I kind of gave up on TWD franchise after season 10 of the TWD... And I never really got into "Fear". I can only suspend disbelief so much that there would still be hoards of undead roaming around after all these years. But I'm a little interested in this considering it's Rick and Michonne.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One thing I am appreciating with this show so far is the pacing. Each of these first two episodes would have been dragged out over an entire season on the mothership.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Given the way the mothership dragged things out, I half-expected this to end on a cliffhanger to set up a second season. I was very pleasantly surprised that it told a complete story with a beginning, middle, and satisfying end.

Nice seeing:
Judith and RJ back. The passage of time really helped sell the journey Rick and Michonne have been on, with Cailey Fleming in her mid-teens now and Antony Azor not a kindergartener anymore.

And after all these years of the CRM helicopters being menacing, going back to the first season of the mothership, it was nice to see them in background carrying aid and supplies through the skies instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks