What's new

Survivor: Fiji (1 Viewer)

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Okay. The impression I had was that they ignored her, went on to try the other pieces, found none of them worked, then went back to the piece Erica said they did wrong, and found it did work. But I'm probably wrong.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
If you think about it, had Erica been right, she would have crowed about it and used it as a defense as to why she SHOULDN'T get kicked off. Even if Erica was very modest, Tiger would have used it as an argument.

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, but it's much better this way. There was no benefit to hiding it in the past since nobody would ever waste a vote on you since they knew it could contribute to their own downfall. At least this way it's suspenseful.

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
The new immunity idol rules should shake things up. Before the idol was most powerful when not used; let folks know you have it and they'll just vote for someone else. Now if I understand the rules correctly, if you fail to use the idol and are then voted off, you are gone. It makes the holder more likely to use it instead of hold it.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Missed last week's episode. I'll try to catch up on CBS.com.

What is up with "Rocky"'s accent? Is that a speech impediment?

AnthonyC

Senior HTF Member
No discussion for last night's awesome episode?

2 of the best challenges we've seen in a long time, a suspenseful TC...I just hope Papa Smurf is ok.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It was definitely better than the first two episodes of the season. Honestly, after those I was about to bail on this season altogether, but I'll probably go ahead and see it out to the end now.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Ravu really is lucky they managed to use the glasses to make fire, and thus earn the flint - otherwise, they'd be up to 8 days without fire.

(Although, was the giving of the flint more of a "we really need to find some excuse to give them fire, just in case they do keep on losing"?)

It will be interesting to see whether Earl, as the only other player that knows the idol is at the camp, will pick up on Sylvia's interest in digging in that particular spot.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
That's one thing that puzzles the hell out of me. I'm no boy-scout or fire making expert by any means but if I knew I was going to be on Survivor and after watching god knows how many seasons of the show already, I'd put learning how to make fire very, very high on my priority list.

I find it hard to believe that out of so many of them in that tribe, none of them could get a fire started. I wonder if it's actually a lot harder than it looks.

Marianne

Supporting Actor
If Ravu keeps losing and different people get sent to exile island pretty soon they will all know that the idol is in their camp. If no one finds it in the meantime, of course.

Just visualizing them all digging around like demented squirrels!

Boo might be a klutz but he was awesome in the reward challenge.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm thinking Papa Smurf is gone Thursday and he'll be the only one to go home. Hard to believe he was able to sink it even after that fall. Hopefully he'll be alright to continue because he could be a really good player later on. And we need an old guy to win! :emoji_thumbsup:

I was really surprised Sylvia couldn't find that darn thing even though she knew right where it was! What the heck happened?!! I'd do anything... "Hey guys, I thought I'd dig us a sunk-in den right here in front of the cave. It'll be awesome on warm nights and don't anyboby bother with helping me cause I obviously need the exercise...and...well, I'll dig it myself then ya'll can enjoy it and alll" *starts digging like the Count of Monte Cristo*

Paul D G

Screenwriter

The clue was to dig deep when the tribe is asleep, so it's probably pretty deep down. Plus she came back to camp the same day as tribal council. Hard not to call attention to yourself when you're digging a two foot hole in the middle of camp. I would've have started digging and if anyone asked say I thought I'd dig a fire pit closer to the cave.

-paul

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'd tell everyone minimum: "Hey, I know where the idol is! It's somewhere around camp near the beach so we have to wait until the tide is out. I'll just be practicing digging quickly over here near our cave here." :D

RichM

Agent
Just a thought. Based on the clues for the hidden immunity idol, wouldn't you think there are 2 idols one at each camp?

The clues are not specific on which cave the idol is hidden under, and both camps have caves, so I'm thinking there are 2 idols, does that make sense?

Stephen_L

Supporting Actor
Rich, I read in a TV Guide article that there are two immunity idols. It makes perfect sense that each camp should have one, especially since the Exile Island clues never specify which camp the idol is located in.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
If Sylvia (or anyone who's been to Exile Island) gets caught digging, wouldn't it be pretty obvious to the others why she is doing that?

It wouldn't surprise me if the idols go unfound.

Chris Mannes

Stunt Coordinator
She knew she was going.

In her position I would have been even more blatent. And then if/when I found it, I'd wave it around. :)

What are the others going to do? They can't actually make someone stop digging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks