What's new

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! First Official News about Indiana Jones!!!!(tomorrow) (1 Viewer)

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Something interesting I noticed from the press release:

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) has a running time of 115 minutes and an MPAA rating of PG. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984) has a running time of 118 minutes and an MPAA rating of PG. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) has a running time of 126 minutes and an MPAA rating of PG-13.
Interesting how the first 2 films are not rerated PG-13, especially since Temple is the most violent of the Indy films and inspired the PG-13 rating.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else interested in seeing the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles released in a single season DVD box set? I remember watching the show when it first came out and it was pretty good. Maybe this release will result in a DVD set of the show coming out.
Lucasfilm's been working on them for a while, according to series producer Rick McCallum. The problem is, it's such an extensive project with an extensive amount of extras, that's it's taking a while

Also... anyone notice that the only disc art in Dave's post not to have the Indiana Jones logo visible is Raiders? I'm guessing that the Raiders disc art has the original logo.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Yeah, but Titanic was a 20th Century Fox co-production, I don't remember Paramount ever using THX certification for any of their own titles....they didn't really need it either.

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
You know just as long as I have the movies in the best format avaliable...I'm happy. Personally, I don't need the special features. The movies are fine.

AlexBC

Second Unit
But yes Paramout has other THX certified tiltes.

"Tucker: The Man And His Dream" and Grease (never seen this one but THX site claims so)

Tommy G

Screenwriter
Woo hoo! Great news! Now I will be able to see that fly crawl in Belloq's mouth as well as the spit flow out of Katanga's mouth in super clarity! November 4th is going to be a great day with Laura and Indy set.

Tim RH

Second Unit
Well, seeing as Spielberg is my favorite director, and November 4th is my birthday too, you can be damn sure I'll be picking this set up, commentaries or no commentaries! :D

AlexBC

Second Unit
BTW, is Cape Fear really THX certified, the other only certified Universal titles that I can think of are American Graffiti (though there's no trailer on the DVD) and upcoming The Duel.

Odd enough Paramout has Tow hidden THX trailers on "Kiss the Grils" though the feature itself is not certified.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
why do we care about THX certification?

These are the same folks who certified a transfer that discarded 33% of the DVD format's potential vertical resolution (Titanic) and certified a transfer just *loaded* with ringing/EE (Phantom Menace).

Sure, some transfers they certify look great, and so do many they don't. If they can't "get it together" with the transfers that they *do* certify, then I'm not going to get excited about seeing their label slapped on a DVD cover.

BTW, weren't they supposed to have some "open hearing" about the issue of "EE" on the Phantom Menace? Did that ever happen?

BTW,

The lack of DTS really has me ticked. I could care less about most extras but DTS is worth it to me.

Rob Gillespie

Senior HTF Member
I'm really surprised (not to be confused with 'disappointed', 'pissed off' or 'hysterically upset' I must point out) that there's no DTS. I would have thought Mr. S would have really pushed for it. Fine by me though - as someone said earlier, it just leaves all the more room for the video. I suppose we're not talking about super-amazing-knock-me-sideways audio anyway (as good as they are, Private Ryan they're not).

The THX is just because of Lucas' involvement and this is nothing new. I seem to remember practically every movie that had effects work by ILM coming out as a THX LaserDisc at some point or another.

I'm just really glad they're finally coming out. Documentaries, commentaries and all that are all very nice but all I really care about are the films.

And just think? We'll be able to see that Karen Allen really wasn't wearing knickers underneath that pink nightgown when standing on deck - all in 16:9 enhanced newly remastered whizz-bang clarity! :)

Gregory E

Second Unit
I'm really surprised that there's no DTS. I would have thought Mr. S would have really pushed for it......as someone said earlier, it just leaves all the more room for the video.
I think some people are ass-umimg that with the lack of DTS, all the extra space will be used for the video transfer. Don't be too sure....

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
This is super news!

I just hope they put some kind of tribute to Marcus(Denholm Elliott) on Disc 4

The lack of DTS really has me ticked. I could care less about most extras but DTS is worth it to me.
Maybe its like a BTTF thing, the DD and DTS are so close that they decided to do DD only and free up some space.

Personally, I'd rather have extras. I'd love to see Karen Allen and others talking about the films, and looking at the rumored history lessons they have planned for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.