What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Nuke the shark!
Batman 1966 GIF
Naah just hit it ;)!

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
For me, the fridge scene is no worse than the boat dropping out of the airplane in TOD. There are moments all throughout that would make you cringe if you stopped and thought about them. Landing the mine cart back on the rails, the amount of water that flooded the mines, the plane going through the tunnel as the pilot stares at Indy and his dad and I'm sure we can come up with more but it's just meant to be fun, mindless entertainment.

I could easily go with the fridge scene...if I would have liked the movie.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Just finished watching all four films.

They all look spectacular. I think LAST CRUSADE is the best-looking transfer of the bunch. It really, really shines.

Sound-wise, I like a lot of low-end as I have butt-kicker subwoofers in my theater chairs. They never rattled once during RAIDERS and only a little bit during TEMPLE OF DOOM. However, much better response with CRUSADE and SKULL. I know that won't matter to most, but just personal observations I made. Otherwise, the surround sound design of these films is top-notch.
Some claimed the regular BDs were overcooked with bass. I'm kind of agnostic either way, but looking forward to whenever these arrive.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Two other points I wanted to make...

I was delighted that there was a homage given to the Ark of the Covenant in both CRUSADE and SKULL. In CRUSADE, as Indy and a Professor pass by a wall with a picture of the ark on it, Indy is asked if he is sure that's the ark. In SKULL a warehouse chase crash tears open one of the containers that show the ark inside of it.

Also..

Was very surprised Harrison Ford spoke his signature Han Solo line, "I got a bad feeling about this" in the SKULL movie. Almost a taboo thing to do.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Two other points I wanted to make...

I was delighted that there was a homage given to the Ark of the Covenant in both CRUSADE and SKULL. In CRUSADE, as Indy and a Professor pass by a wall with a picture of the ark on it, Indy is asked if he is sure that's the ark. In SKULL a warehouse chase crash tears open one of the containers that show the ark inside of it.

Also..

Was very surprised Harrison Ford spoke his signature Han Solo line, "I got a bad feeling about this" in the SKULL movie. Almost a taboo thing to do.
I'm perty sure the same production company owns both franchises and would be unlikely to sue themselves ;). Although they do try and trademark ANYTHING having to do with their films ...

1623618095297.png

1623618219399.png

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Dear IMDb. The title of the movie is Raiders of the Lost Ark. Indy himself is a raider. It is not his Ark.
I love that the IMDB is ridiculous enough that it uses the original language for the title of a foreign movie but also uses a title first retroactively attached to the VHS cover nearly 20 years after it was released and never actually on the movie itself. At least, Star Wars having Episode IV added is on to the movie.

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk
My order from Amazon has shipped. It should be here Tuesday, so only a week late. That's not bad. I couldn't miss the anniversary though, so I rented it in 4K from iTunes last night. It was terrific.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
My order from Amazon has shipped. It should be here Tuesday, so only a week late. That's not bad. I couldn't miss the anniversary though, so I rented it in 4K from iTunes last night. It was terrific.
I purchased the Indy movies on iTunes a couple of years ago for $24.99 and they upgraded to 4K this past week. I watched "The Raiders of the Lost Ark" today and it looked and sounded great on my main HT setup with Dolby Vision and Atmos. An excellent movie!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You know the Lucasfilm people are the ones who renamed it "IJ and the RotLA", right? Not IMDB?
As far as I am concerned they’ve changed the packaging label. The title card on my 4K movie still says this…
IMG_8472.jpg
We all know Lucasfilm has a very easy time editing stuff in films retroactively to suit their desires. The fact that the movie still says this, indicates it is the title of the film.

Also, just started watching the bonus disc. The disc's menus would be an easy place to simply replace the original with the Lucas "revised" title (because let's be clear, it wasn't Lucasfilm as an entity that wanted to replace the title, it was Lucas himself). But yet the menu on Disc 4 offers you:
IMG_8473.jpg
"On set with Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks