What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
As far as I am concerned they’ve changed the packaging label. The title card on my 4K movie still says this…
View attachment 100321
We all know Lucasfilm has a very easy time editing stuff in films retroactively to suit their desires. The fact that the movie still says this, indicates it is the title of the film.

Also, just started watching the bonus disc. The disc's menus would be an easy place to simply replace the original with the Lucas "revised" title (because let's be clear, it wasn't Lucasfilm as an entity that wanted to replace the title, it was Lucas himself). But yet the menu on Disc 4 offers you:
View attachment 100322
"On set with Raiders of the Lost Ark".

Yeah, you're preaching to the choir - I've never called it "IJatRotLA" and I never will.

Same as I'll never call "Star Wars" "A New Hope".

My point was that IMDB didn't invent the altered title so it makes no sense to be mad at them...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I noticed that Amazon is pulling that trick on a couple of releases lately.

I would assume the $69.99 price was from some other seller, not Amazon or someone "Fulfilled by Amazon".

I'm guessing Amazon is out of stock so it's only 3rd parties who have it on Amazon right now.

It's at $89.99 from "Washington Blvd. Sales" right now. Free shipping but not Amazon shipping!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
As far as I am concerned they’ve changed the packaging label. The title card on my 4K movie still says this…
View attachment 100321
Yeah, as far as I'm concerned, the name of any movie is what it says onscreen. Barring some kind of stylization like Se7en (What am I going to pronounce it as "Se-seven-en"?), the onscreen title is the title of the movie.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
The New York Times has an article this morning about Raiders' 40th Anniversary:

I'm a subscriber, it may be behind a paywall for those that aren't subscribers.

Tip: Not that I would condone such actions but... If you delete NYTimes cooke in your browser's preferences then you may be able to view the article for free.

Mark

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Since it covers four movies, it's not as in-depth but if you enjoyed Rinzler's Star Wars books, you'll definitely enjoy the Indy one too. He also wrote books on Alien, Aliens, and Planet Of The Apes (haven't read the Apes book) too.

Rinzler also wrote a making of the force awakens book but Disney will not release it. There was never a reason given fully why it wouldn’t be released but I did preorder it on Amazon.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not eligible for Prime shipping so an additional $3.99 shipping charge.
That must be a 3rd party seller? The Amazon listing says free Prime shipping.

1623806958643.png

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
The Amazon algorithm will default to a third party seller if they’re offering the same item in new condition at a better price than Amazon itself. They seem to factor shipping in when doing so. I’ve noticed this lately where some parties will undercut the sticker price by quite a bit to make you want to add their version to your cart, but then the shipping (which to be fair is listed right there) is priced to make up most of the difference. You’re paying about the same either way but the third party offer looks like more of a deal than it is.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
For those keeping score, my set from DD arrived today. Looks to be in great shape..

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Got mine from DD today as well. Cheap flimsy cardboard case has a dent/crush from shipping, but nothing else appears to be damaged. I wish Paramount would have given us a box that held a plastic blu case, but whatever.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Like FanFOURstic!
That's what I call it: FANT4STIC. That way, I don't have to acknowledge it as an official adaptation of the source material. That was a mess of a movie; you could actually pinpoint the moment when it was taken away from the director. Then there's SCRE4M and others like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks