What's new

Press Release PHE Press Release: Indiana Jones 4-Movie Movie Collection (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Raiders of the Lost Ark with All Four Indiana Jones Movie Adventures on 4K Ultra HD for the First Time

raiders.jpg

Deluxe 4K Ultra HD Set Arrives June 8, 2021

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (March 15, 2021) – Relive the unforgettable exploits of world-renowned, globetrotting hero Indiana Jones in spectacular 4K Ultra HD when the INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION arrives in a new 4K Ultra HD set June 8, 2021 from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Home Entertainment.

The cinematic classic that started it all—Raiders of the Lost Ark—celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, having first introduced audiences to the man with the hat on June 12, 1981. Forty years later, the legendary hero continues to captivate new generations of fans.

Now, for the first time ever, all four films are available together in 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision® and HDR-10 for ultra-vivid picture quality and state-of-the-art Dolby Atmos® audio*. Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

In addition, all four films were remixed at Skywalker Sound under the supervision of legendary sound designer Ben Burtt to create the Dolby Atmos® soundtracks. All original sound elements were used to achieve the fully immersive Dolby Atmos® mixes while staying true to each film’s original creative intent.

The INDIANA JONES 4-MOVIE COLLECTION includes a collectible booklet with behind-the-scenes images from all four films. Each film is presented on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc with original theatrical trailers and access to digital copies. The set also includes a Blu-ray™ with seven hours of previously released bonus content as detailed below:
· On Set with Raiders of the Lost Ark
§ From Jungle to Desert
§ From Adventure to Legend
· Making the Films
§ The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981 documentary)
§ The Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark
§ The Making of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
§ The Making of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
· The Making of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (HD)
· Behind the Scenes

§ The Stunts of Indiana Jones
§ The Sound of Indiana Jones
§ The Music of Indiana Jones
§ The Light and Magic of Indiana Jones
§ Raiders: The Melting Face!
§ Indiana Jones and the Creepy Crawlies (with optional pop-ups)
§ Travel with Indiana Jones: Locations (with optional pop-ups)
§ Indy’s Women: The American Film Institute Tribute
§ Indy’s Friends and Enemies
§ Iconic Props (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
§ The Effects of Indy (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)
§ Adventures in Post Production (Kingdom of the Crystal Skull) (HD)

# # #

About Paramount Home Entertainment
Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. The PHE division oversees PPC’s home entertainment and transactional digital distribution activities worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Television Studios, Paramount Players, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central and CBS and applicable licensing and servicing of certain DreamWorks Animation titles. PHE additionally manages global licensing of studio content and transactional distribution across worldwide digital distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

Lucasfilm, Indiana Jones™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © 1981-2021 Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights reserved. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

INDIANA JONES AND THE RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK U.S. Rating: PG
INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM U.S. Rating: PG
INDIANA JONES AND THE LAST CRUSADE U.S. Rating: PG-13
INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL U.S. Rating: PG-13 for adventure violence and scary images

raiders2.jpg

raiders3.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So from the looks of it, this is a 4K-only release without new Blu-rays.

That means I can go ahead and get the existing Blu-ray box set and be done with it.

Great news to have these coming for those fans who can use 4K though.

Last edited:

StarDestroyer52

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John

That means I can go ahead and get the existing Blu-ray box set and be done with it.

Yep, same thing for me. There's just so many movies that in my case going 4K and having to get a new 4K TV and a 4K player its just not something I want to do financially at the moment

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I think I know what I want as a belated birthday wedding anniversary gift now (street date is June 8)!

Last edited:

Vegas 1

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alvin Kuenster
I have a Panasonic 820 4K player and the current BR box set is good enough for me, I don't upgrade many BRs to 4K mostly DVD from my collection when a 4K is released.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs

If the films have been remastered, they may offer new blu-ray versions from the new masters some time down the road. That's what's happening with Mission Impossible and Tomb Raider.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If the films have been remastered, they may offer new blu-ray versions from the new masters some time down the road. That's what's happening with Mission Impossible and Tomb Raider.

Yeah. But since we don't know that is happening, I don't feel the need to keep waiting into infinity for something that might or might not happen. I said in the other thread about this that I would wait to see what happened with this set before making a purchase decision, and now I have the answer.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Interesting to see what the price is. I love Raiders (who doesn’t?), liked Crusade, didn’t like Temple, and haven’t seen Skull, so it will be a tough decision.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I love Raiders (who doesn’t?), liked Crusade, didn’t like Temple, and haven’t seen Skull, so it will be a tough decision.

Paramount did eventually break out the Blu-rays for individual sale after they had been in the box set first. If you're patient, that could happen again here at some point. Or you might be able to do a streaming purchase individually if you're into that.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Paramount did eventually break out the Blu-rays for individual sale after they had been in the box set first. If you're patient, that could happen again here at some point. Or you might be able to do a streaming purchase individually if you're into that.
I have no clue about streaming, unfortunately.

I think what’s going to happen with these is similar to what’s likely to happen with the 4 film UHD set of the Alien films- we’ll be forced to buy them all if we want them on physical media.

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
If the digital copies redeem as 4K titles, then it's likely the 4K digital streams will be the new transfers.

But I'm buying this box set, for sure. No way I'm passing up the chance to own this epic collection in 4K. I feel reasonably confident the new 4K transfers will outshine previous HD (standard Blu-ray) discs. Particularly for Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Day one, absolutely!! Just show me where to preorder.

Mark

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Each film has been meticulously remastered from 4K scans of the original negatives with extensive visual effects work done to ensure the most pristine and highest quality image. All picture work was approved by director Steven Spielberg.

In addition, all four films were remixed at Skywalker Sound under the supervision of legendary sound designer Ben Burtt to create the Dolby Atmos® soundtracks. All original sound elements were used to achieve the fully immersive Dolby Atmos® mixes while staying true to each film’s original creative intent.
This has me excited, that they've actually put new work into the films rather than just a cursory upgrade running it through some software program.

JimMiller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Miller
Yep, same thing for me. There's just so many movies that in my case going 4K and having to get a new 4K TV and a 4K player its just not something I want to do financially at the moment
When you feel you want to go ahead and get a 4K TV, take a look at the TCL line. They are very affordable and have a very good picture. I bought a 55 inch and an open-box Sony 4K blu-ray player and spent well under $1000.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I have no clue about streaming, unfortunately.

I think what’s going to happen with these is similar to what’s likely to happen with the 4 film UHD set of the Alien films- we’ll be forced to buy them all if we want them on physical media.
The first Alien film has already been released on 4K UHD. The remaining three films have not.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Yep, Alien is the only film of the original four in the franchise that has had a 4K release of any kind, physical or streaming.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Temple and Crusade were a bit underpowered sound wise on the previous blu so I'll be interested to hear the new mixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks