What's new

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!! First Official News about Indiana Jones!!!!(tomorrow) (1 Viewer)

James L White

Supporting Actor
from DVDfile

Late-breaking news in the never-ending Indiana Jones DVD saga. At long last, tomorrow will see the first official wird regarding Lucasfilm and Paramount Home Entertainment's highly-anticipated DVD plans for the Indiana Jones flicks. After much speculation around the web, fans can expect a four-disc box set, with each film digitally remastered and restored plus a fourth disc full of extras. The release will hit stores in November (watch for an exact street date soon) and no retail price has been set. There will be a write-up on the Indy box in USA Today with further official comment from Paramount, available tomorrow at a newsstand near you. Best of all, there will be no CGI enhancements or changes made to the films, a la Star Wars or E.T. Watch this space for more, and thanks to 'Short Round' for the news.

John Simon

Second Unit
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

FINALLY! :emoji_thumbsup:

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
:D

Indy ben beddy beddy goot to me. I feel like I just discovered the ark of the covenant :)

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
No CGI changes. Awww, what a shame.

ps George Lucas: Even the ET DVD gave us a choice. Are you secure enough about your changes to let us have one?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Weather Report for 5/6/03
Hell

A light snow is expected with record cold temperatures below freezing.

I never thought I'd see this actually come but I'm ecstatic. :emoji_thumbsup:

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
why not be ecstatic now? It is coming...and Paramount has never put out a non OAR film yet.
THat is the only thing I can think of that will make me not buy this set is it being Pan and Scam, which I know will not happen.
I am just waiting for the bashing to start that there arent enough extras or that there is no DTS or commentary. Frankly, I will be happy just to have this in anamorphic widescreen with a great transfer and maybe some 5.1 thrown in for flavor.

John Simon

Second Unit
HERE IT IS:

'Indy' Trilogy Ready to Conquer DVD

Indiana Jones' latest crusade? Raiding the holiday home video campaign. Among the most requested movies to get DVD treatment, the Harrison Ford adventure series may spell doom for other holiday releases.

The Adventures of Indiana Jones — The Complete DVD Movie Collection, out Nov. 4, is a four-disc set (about $50) that contains Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) and an bonus disc loaded with extras. Among the material: new interviews with Ford, producer George Lucas and director Steven Spielberg. Each film was remastered in surround sound and restored digitally. "We're not just putting out a vanilla version (of the film on DVD)," Lucasfilm's Jim Ward says.

When Spielberg edited ET the Extra-Terrestrial last year for the long-awaited DVD release, he digitally removed some guns because of the film's young audience. But no changes were made to the Indy series.

What took so long? "Both (Lucas and Spielberg) found a pocket of time," Ward says.

Fans will have to be patient before Lucas' first three Star Wars episodes reach DVD. "We're not sure when exactly, but it will be coming out someday."

It's finally official, people. Indy is coming to DVD!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...-06-indy_x.htm

Gregory E

Second Unit
YES! My precioussss....oh..wait....wrong movie.

Anyways...this is very good news and I can't wait. The price is sounding pretty good too! The wait until November is going to be unbearable.

:emoji_thumbsup:

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Could it possibly be?

The Adventures of Indiana Jones — The Complete DVD Movie Collection, out Nov. 4, is a four-disc set (about $50) that contains Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984), Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) and an bonus disc loaded with extras.
No mention of "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark"!

Woo-Hoo!!!!

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
It's finally here! I'm so happy :) I just hope the movie discs contain at least a few extras, because one disc for three films isn't going to cover a lot of material.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Finally! I was pretty sure it was coming this year anyway, but to now see a confirmation is really nice.

From the Yahoo article:

We felt that because of bandwidth issues and, more importantly, the amount of information provided on the fourth disc, it would be redundant to include a director's commentary track on the title discs," Ward said.
Hmmm...somehow I doubt that was the whole reason. That sucks, but I respect Speilberg for wanting his films to speak for themselves.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
To quote John Rhys-Davies aka Sallah, "Holy smokes, my friend!"

The last quarter of this year will definitely be more expensive than last year!

Ned

Supporting Actor
The day we get the Indy trilogy on DVD will rank up there with the day Divx died.

Just 1 more trilogy to go guys...

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
ok...while I am a little miffed that there are pan and scan version being made at all(damn the man), the fact that Lowry digital, the same people that restored Snow White, are restoring the picture just raised my expectations level for the widescreen versions of this.
And the price...oh hell yeah. I can already see the low low prices of this the first week its out.

Users who are viewing this thread