What's new

ZOE 2 Demo: Played it last night.... (1 Viewer)

Jeff Ashforth

Stunt Coordinator
If you liked the first one, you'll love this! Graphics were jaw dropping. Seems like it's pushing the limits of the PS2.

Gameplay was in a word. Intense. From the moment you take control of Jehuty, you are inundated with hundreds (that's right I said HUNDREDS) of targets and frames to engage in combat.

Controls are great, and remain exactly the same as the original. The camera seems to stay with you even better than in the first.

Some other improvements:

* More detail on the control map.
* Faster burst attack.
* Pressure sensitive buttons allow you to 'charge' burst attacks for greater damage.
* Ability to pick up surrounding objects and use them as weapons. (some parts of the demo require you to use them)
* Enemies health is shown as a small white bar on top of it's targeting reticle.(instead of it's level indicater changing colors from green to red)
* You can target multiple enemies at once.

I'm sure that there are many more but I've only played it through once.

I really liked the Anime style cut scenes and cell shaded feel of the in-game graphics. All in all it looks and plays great.

I only hope it's longer than the original which I beat in just over six hours.

Cheers.
J.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I heard they're including ZOE 2 as a freebie throwin if you buy a Metal Gear Solid 3 demo for $49.99.

Frederick

Second Unit
Morgan, I think James is joking. When ZOE came out, it included a demo for Metal Gear Solid 2. Most people, including myself, dropped the $50 for the game just to pick up the demo. While ZOE was a decent game, I played the MGS2 demo a hell of a lot more :D ...

Freddy C.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Frederick-

Morgan, I think James is joking
And thus, my smiley at the end of my comment.

I'm well aware of the situation that surrounded the release of the original ZOE. I didn't buy it, but a friend did. I borrowed it from him, and actually played the MGS2 demo to death (I found EVERYTHING in that demo). I also beat ZOE and loved it, the only main beefs I had was that it was short and repetitive. Then again, my $50 wasn't slapped down for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks