What's new

Zelda Wind Waker/ EB Gripe (2 Viewers)

Krystian C

Stunt Coordinator
So after seeing a few post here that a few lucky people seem to have Wind Waker already, I decided to call my local Electronics Boutique to see if my copy came in.

Well to my surprise, it actually did. I thought this to be a little weird that I did not get called seeing as I have it already pre-paid, but anyway, the friendly clerk say come on down and pick it up.

So I trod off to the mall, eager as can be. Ask for my copy, and now Mr Manager is at the desk, and says 'Im sorry the street date is tomorrow, not today, so you can't have it.' I explain that I spoke to a clerk on the phone and he said it is here and I could get my copy. He tells me that I am mistaken, no one would tell me that, as they can't give them out. EXCUSE ME! I specifically asked if I could come get it, and the answer was yes. Umm how can I mistake this? Bastard!

I was tempted to get my cash back, and go to a different EB tomorrow. ARGH!

Anyone experience similar situations? I am not a violent man, but I tell ya, I would have loved to pop MR Manager in the eye....

Tino D'Voe

Agent
I've experienced similar situations with different retailers. Bottom line, there are a lot of morons out there. I wouldn't get too pissed though, I almost expect such a thing if it sounds too good to be true.

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
I've learned a painful lesson:
Games always come out on Wednesday.

That sucks, especially when I hear of other lucky folks getting them early, but it's always been that way for me.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I wouldn't have just left and let it go, I'd have ridiculed and demeaned the manager until he sold me the game, then complained to his superior. There's no reason for service to be that shoddy, especially at a store that supposedly specializes in games.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yup, they publish the SHIP DATE not the STREET DATE

It's a CRIME and they need to STOP. Pisses me off every time I get duped

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
This has happened to me far too often. Which is why, when I call beforehand for availability, I politely ask with whom I'm speaking.

Arm youself with the most information and you'll have a greater chance at getting what you want.

Matt Davis

Auditioning
i picked my copy up at EB on monday with no problems.
they didn't have enough for everyone that pre-ordered,
but i paid for mine back in january, so no problems.
i rarely ever shop at eb though.
bad pricing, and equally bad service.
there's a shop by me in long beach called game play.
great and friendly staff, and they price match.
i buy so often from them, they'll even sometimes price match
a web price for me :D
only bad thing about them so far: no pre order for zelda :frowning:
so i went with EB.
-matt

James T

Screenwriter
Games always come out on Wednesday
It's different days. I bought Indiana Jones on a Monday and Batman: Dark Tomorrow was street dated for a Thursday. Plus, I asked the manager about Batman on the Wednesday(day before), if all games come out on Thursday.

I go to a different EB now. The EB I used to go to was about 5 mins away. But I had a problem with one of the staff there so now I now drive 10 mins to another EB, which is also by a Best Buy and a Futureshop. The staff is pretty good at that store.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
I don't pre-order anything anymore, unless it is a next gen console or something like GTA: Vice City. No matter where I order it from, it is always delayed at just that location, or they end up giving away my pre-order by mistake.

Much less frustrating to just drive to 3-4 places until I find it onthe shelves and sometimes the loss leaders make it very economical to wait as well ;)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Most street dates are on Tuesdays. Developers/publishers announce the ship dates usually, but I thought WW's street date WAS monday? A friend of mine got his, and a bunch of other people I know all got theirs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks