What's new

Your Favorite Tracks on Hell Freezes Over (1 Viewer)

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Well personally, I don't like "Prozak Don" that appeared on the album Inside Job. What happened to his anger, sadness and angst? That's where the meaningful content came from and he seems to have lost that.

So if "Prozak Don" was part of that album, I wouldn't want it anyway ;)

Cheers,

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
FWIW, although not a Don thread per se, I gotta chime in to say I think he's clearly still righteously indignant, John. C'mon: "Nobody Else In the World But You," "Workin' It," "Inside Job," "They're Not Here, They're Not Coming"? "Soon you will be dancing face-to-face/With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace." He's still pissed off and calling it out. But one of my fave things about Inside Job is that he's been able to find some peace and solace through a relationship and, for him, "Everything Is Different Now."

-p

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Compare that with end of the innocence, where there isn't a happy track to be found, and is (to me) much more compelling muscially.

Ahh well, tastes differ :)

Cheers,

stevie ray

Auditioning

With the Pioneer 578-A, It automatically goes back to the last place you left off regardless of opening or closing the drawer. I even unplugged the power bar that everything is powered off of and it STILL goes back. Are you talking about while it's playing? Tried that too. No luck. It's a minor thing since everything else works but it still bugs the crap out of me. I've tried all the different chapters and titles on the Disk Navigator but nothing takes me back to that screen. Any other 578-A owners have this happen? Stevie

Mark C.

Supporting Actor

Stevie Ray:

Try hitting the stop button first, then open the drawer. That may wipe out the player's memory. If that doesn't work, literally swap the disc for another and then back again. If that doesn't do it, nothing will.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Colin: Perhaps you could find a way to use "IMO" or just say you don't care for the song rather than call it "dreadful" "crap" and say it "sucks." Another use of the word "crap" might be to describe the thread "crap" that is one's posting about how the band's 'recent' single "sucks" in what is essentially an Eagles appreciation thread. :)

Stevie Ray: To amplify on what Mark C. said, if the 578A behaves likes its predecessor the 563A, you need to press "Stop" again (as in, a second time) when the word "Resume" appears onscreen (upon stopping a disc) or when "Last Mem" appears onscreen (upon reloading a disc the last playback position for which has been saved to the player's memory). This memory feature works for up to 5 discs on the 563A and, if the 578A behaves similarly, even following Mark's suggestion of simply swapping the Eagles disc for another and back again may not do the trick. The player manual is your friend. ;)

-p

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

I was amazed at the differences in Henley's performances between the two live concerts DVD's I own -- Hell Freezes Over and Inside Job Live. Henley does seem to have lost some of his edge in the latter, newer performance.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

This thread is called "Your favorite tracks on Hell Freezes Over". "Hole in the World" is not a track on "HFO", so it's not a threadcrap to talk about how bad it is. This isn't the "Everything the Eagles Do is Great!!!" thread.

I like the Eagles. I own all their albums and will see them three times this spring. I don't think it's inappropriate to comment on other work of theirs. I mentioned my thoughts about the song in response to another's mention of a new album.

stevie ray

Auditioning
Thanx for all the help guys. I can now listen in DTS and hear Seven Bridges:D Still a funny thing like Colin said if you skip over the menus and try to play a song from the song list no go. But if you fast forward thru them it does still work, weird. Again, thanx for all the help. At least I know everything works now. Stevie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks