What's new

Your Favorite Tracks on Hell Freezes Over (1 Viewer)

JordanS

Second Unit
It is such an amazing Album/DVD; it is difficult to choose!

1) "The Last Resort"

Runner Up:

2) "I Can't Tell You Why"

What are some of your favorites? :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Without a doubt, Get Over It, which after Hotel California is my favourite Eagles track (Old Billy was right/Let's kill all the lawyers, kill them tonight). I agree with Colin - most of the album is far too laid back for its own good.

Steve Meskell

Second Unit
Mine is New York Minute.. Seven Bridges Road sounds great in DTS. As far as that show being laid back, in between songs someone yells out "Rock and Roll" and DH makes a face and goes into another ballad(on the DVD).:D

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Seven Bridges Road for me, with New York Minute a close second. I also like when they did Don's Forgiveness too.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
New York Minute..followed close by Pretty Maids.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
"Wasted Time," "I Can't Tell You Why," "New York Minute" and "The Last Resort" make for a killer quadruple play on the DVD. Interesting that different sequencing was chosen for the CD. I especially dig the last minute or so of "I Can't Tell . . ." when it's mainly just that terrif string section workin' it. "NYM" is grand--one of those poignant songs, what with the bit about "[taking] care of your own/One day they're here/Next day they're gone," that took on even more resonance post-9/11. Henley's in such fine form throughout.

Here's hoping that this gets released on hi def DVD with a lossless, at least 24/96 surround track.

-p

stevie ray

Auditioning
Rookie needs help...Can't get Seven Bridges to play, Pioneer 914K, Pioneer 578-A. Any suggestions? Stevie

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
That's easy, the DTS version of "Get over it" and "Seven Bridges Road". No question!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

When the disc starts up, do you select DTS? If you don't see the DTS splash screen, you aren't getting DTS. If your receiver says anything other than DTS while playing, check your player's settings in the digital audio setup menu and make sure DTS is on and set to bitstream (of course assuming a digital connection).

stevie ray

Auditioning
Pioneer 578-A settings
Digital Out - On
Dolby Digital Out - Dolby Digital
DTS Out - DTS
linear PCM Out - Down sample Off
MPEG Out - MPEG

Pioneer 914-K Settings
Signal Select - Auto-Digital
Surround Back Channel - Auto
Advanced Surround

Not getting DTS to light up on either.
This may sound stupid but I can't get the DVD to go back to where you choose the DTS setting in the beginning. Does it automatically default to your initial setting with out showing the choices screen again?
I'm pretty sure I selected the DTS version on the left side though. How do I get back to it?
This is my first go-round with home theater, I've had it for about a week and have had pretty good luck on everything else so far. Thanx for the help, Stevie

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Here's a potentiall helpful tip from my review:

One note about the audio: if you select DTS when you insert the disc, don’t skip the opening menus! I did this and found that the program wouldn’t run with DTS sound. Only when I let the stupid menus run their course could I actually view the concert with 5.1 audio. This is a weird glitch, and maybe it only affects some players, but it caused me some real consternation.

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
The only way to get the DTS selection button is to reopen and then close the drawer so the disc cycles to the very beginning. Strange, I know, and hundreds of thousands have been confused ever since this disc came out.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
How was the picture for HFO recorded -- film or video? The music is great, but to have a Hi-Def picture, or even an anamorphic DVD from a HD master (like on a lot of other newer concert DVDs) would be super. Unfortunately, I think it's too old to have been recorded with Hi-Def video. If it was NTSC video then what we have may be the best it can look. If film, then it could get better.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
My fav track is the first one all the way to the last!!!

Hardcore Eagles fan :D :D :D

Wish they would dump another album already....:frowning:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

Based on "Hole in the World", "dump" is an appropriate phrase - that song sounds like crap! Hope any new album is better than it - they couldn't do any worse! :frowning:

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Technically sounds bad--as in poor recording engineering--or you just don't like the song, Colin?

And wasn't "Hole" to be an early single from a then-forthcoming-but-now-seemingly-abandoned new album?

-p

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks