What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

You want cheap CDs?? How about $4.99 per disc w/ no shipping.... (1 Viewer)

Mike D.

Stunt Coordinator
I signed up, looks like a great deal. This seems like the price point that CD's need to hit to stay relevant in the Ipod/Itunes world, IMHO...

But, their "search" seems kind of screwy.. I am trying to see if they carry all 3 LOTR soundtracks. Searching for "ring" in Album title gives no hits. Searching for "king" gives 13 results, but none of them are Return of the King, which I KNOW they have.

728x90

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Can someone throw me a bone here...

I signed up, and can not for the life of me determine how I can tell the SACD's from the normal remasters.

And how are you searching for SACD's? By Artist?

EDIT: OK, I found the Clapton and Elton SACD's simply by searching for the artist and scrolling down the list to the "Also Available" section, but still clueless on how to see ALL the SACD's.

EDIT 2: GOT IT....Title seach, then just SACD preceeded by a space. Dohhh!

BGL

Allen Hirsch

Supporting Actor

Not being a huge Dylan fan, is this THE album that benefits most from higher resolution/multi-channel?

Rob M.

Stunt Coordinator

I only have 5 of the SACDs, but this one is the best in terms of content and sonics. The stereo and multi-channel versions sound fantastic. Of all the Dyalan albums I've heard, Blood on the Tracks is by far my favorite, regardless of format. For 6 bucks through yourmusic.com it's a steal.

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
This website search engine is retarded. I'm trying to search for SACD's, and still can't get a straight answer. If I search for "SACD" under Album Title, I get 9 one time, and a different answer the next. If I search for " SACD" I get a slightly different answer (from 13 to 19) each time. Neither way produces the Eric Clapton SACDs - which they certainly have - in the list.

I think I'm going to buy a number of the SACD titles right away, as I don't think they'll have these around forever...if only they'd let me actually find them...

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
Did you try inserting a space before the letters SACD?

I tried that yesterday, and it brought up 20 or so titles.

FWIW, I bought the 3 SACDs that I did not already have, but still wanted (2 Elton, 1 EC..less than $18, to my door). Shame I did not know about this place sooner.

And I think you are right to snag the SACDs you want sooner rather than later...they will surely wise up!

BGL

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
$5.99 for one CD of your choice per month sounds like an excellent deal. Thanks to the high price of CDs I only buy 2-3 titles per year but at that price i'd have to seriously consider upgrading the 51 disc CD changer that I've been using since '97 :)

TomCW

Second Unit
Good prices, retarded website, fair selection.
I've only got 3 on the way and 4 in my queue.:)

Tom

robertLP

Stunt Coordinator
They now list 45 titles for SACDs, which is nice, but nothing that goes into my 'must-have' collection. Half of them are either Bob Dylan or Elton John discs.

They've also got a Diana Krall dualdisc if anyone's interested....

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
The SACD of Carpenters: The Singles has been added to yourmusic.com

However, on a rather sad note, just received e-mail from yourmusic.com that members w/ $4.99/disc subscription will have their prices raised to $5.99/disc (including shipping) as of May 13th (Friday the 13th).

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I still cannot figure out the catch - are they trying to cut off piracy or something?

$6/CD seems too good to be true.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
It's $6.00 per CD/SACD + tax!

The "catch" is you will be charged $6.00 every month, whether you have something in your queue or not. So just make sure you have something in your queue.

ElevSkyMovie

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kyle
No obligation, you can quit at any time.

According to the thread at the steve hoffman forums, one poster says it's still cheaper to join bmg, recommend your spouse, quit and rejoin. You just have to jump through hoops, while this deal is easy. I think they had it figured at 3.84 a disc if join/quit/rejoin the club.

AricB

Second Unit
so far so good, the 4.99 deal is ending, going to 5.99, but still no complaints... i've got all the clapton and elton john sacd's for like $6 each...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shronkey234
Recent bookmarks