What's new

You can buy the Sunrise DVD on August 12th at Costco. (1 Viewer)

William Miller

Second Unit
If you go to Costco on Tuesday, August 12th, you should be able to find 2 different 4 DVD blister packs from 20th.

One contains All About Eve, How Green Was My Valley, Gentleman's Agreement and Sunrise.

The other contains An Affair to Remember, Song of Bernadette, Love is a Many Splendored Thing and Sunrise.

The price is a very low $34.99 and you won't have to mail in for Sunrise. But if you bought some of these already, then I guess you won't be happy about this.

How do I know this? I was in Costco today (August 10th) and I saw both of these sets. I picked up the one starting with An Affair to Remember, stuck in my basket, bought a chicken, some cans of asparagus, a big box of trash bags and proceeded to the cashier. When she scanned my Fox DVD set, she said, "Uh oh. I can't sell you this." My jaw dropped. She then proceeded to tell me that the "street date" for this is August 12th and they are not allowed "by law" to sell them ahead of time and they were put out early by error. They are holding it for me until Tuesday. The moral of this story is if you see something out ahead of street date at Costco, you still can't buy it because their register system won't authorize it to be sold. In this case, I think it's a Costco only promotion so I personally don't see what the big deal is about a street date in this instance.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I just got my copy of Sunrise from the mail in offer earlier this week, actually. I was beginning to get worried...

It's a beautiful disc, and it's one of the few single disc DVDs that would be worth a $34.99 price, so if you want Sunrise, it's absolutely worth paying that for that box set. (If Criterion had put it out, and it's a Criterion quality disc, it would cost that much anyway.)

Evan Case

Screenwriter
There are no Costcos in my area...

Do you think this is the type of set that would show up at a wholesale club such as Sam's Club?

Evan

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sunrise was $34.99 at Costco, plus you got free copies of 3 other Fox Studio Classics. :wink:

The 4-packs of Fox Studio Classics were these 3 choices:
1) The Ghost & Mrs. Muir/Anastasia/Inn of The Sixth Happiness/Sunrise
2) Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing/Song of Bernadette/An Affair to Remember/Sunrise
3) All About Eve/Gentleman's Agreement/How Green Was My Valley/Sunrise

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
hi folks

how do I go about ordering from Costco from the UK here ?

Is there anybody who can help me out ?

Please PM me if you can help out

cheers

Oscar

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I'm not sure that's possible. Costco is a membership warehouse club. Unless you're a member, you probably can't buy directly from them. Their website is www.costco.com

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
Actually you can buy from www.costco.com without being a costco member, you merely pay a surcharge. You only need the membership to shop in their B&M stores. But it's unclear whether they would ship direct to the UK.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Nope. From costco.com:

Shipping Information
Currently, costco.com offers shipping in the United States only. We do not currently deliver to PO boxes, APO (military) boxes, FPO (foreign) boxes, international addresses, or a few limited geographic areas within the U.S.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
Hi folks

Thanks for all the info and looks like I have had a PM from a fellow HTF (Hi Jonathan) who is going to help me out

Cheers

Oscar

:D

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Just to clarify, this isn't a boxset. It's just four movies sold in one package. There isn't a box or anything else to hold them together (unless you like the oversized plastic CostCo packaging :)). Since I don't plan to stop with just the four, I'm cool with not having a box. Although I wouldn't mind one large box from Link Removed. ;)

I didn't realize there were (at least) three different bundles. But that's OK because I got the one I would have picked anyway (All About Eve, Gentleman's Agreement and How Green Was My Valley).

I was there picking up Babylon 5 season 3 and ran across these by accident. It's a pretty sweet deal.

I notice that out of the three listed so far, not one has The Day the Earth Stood Still. That was originally going to be my third choice along with All About Eve and How Green Was My Valley. Now I'll just have to get it seperately. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks