What's new

You can buy the Sunrise DVD on August 12th at Costco. (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Any chance Costco would allow mixing and matching? :D

I want All About Eve, The Song of Bernadette, Anastasia and Sunrise.

(I already have Sunrise, but it's for someone else.)

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Any chance Costco would allow mixing and matching?
Nope. You've obviously never picked up DVDs from CostCo. I'm not sure they're even in Canada. When I said 'oversized plastic CostCo packaging', I wasn't just being funny. You'd have to destroy two packages to mix and match. Think of plastic packaging where you literally have to use a knife to open it, then twist and pull to rip it apart enough to get the goodies. That really tough stuff. As for the oversized part, I'd estimate it was about 1 1/2 to 2 feet wide. I can take a photo and post it if you'd like. The point is, you couldn't easily swap discs.

Now the next question is can you use the three from the set to get a second copy of Sunrise? I'm not sure why I would or who I'd give it to, just curious really.

James Pfann

Stunt Coordinator
The other contains An Affair to Remember, Song of Bernadette, Love is a Many Splendored Thing and Sunrise.
I'm on this like ugly on an ape. I was just getting ready to order these 3 through DDD to get Sunrise, when I stumbled on this thread.

Thanks William! :emoji_thumbsup:

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I don't believe the receipt has to be itemized. Not all retailers here provide itemized receipts and I had no problem at all getting a copy of Sunrise.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
I don't believe the receipt has to be itemized. Not all retailers here provide itemized receipts and I had no problem at all getting a copy of Sunrise.
Interesting. I'd love to know if someone tries this and succeeds. Not sure what I'd do with a second copy, but for $2.50, I'm sure I could find someone who'd want it.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
If you want 2 copies of Sunrise, you might just buy 2 of these sets rather than trying to see what you can "get out of Fox". It's not like these sets aren't a good value unto themselves.

I don't know all of these movies. I know I'm specifically interested in the following:

All About Eve
An Affair to Remember

Could anyone give a breif description of the other films for someone who loves films, but doesn't know much about the classics?

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
If you want 2 copies of Sunrise, you might just buy 2 of these sets rather than trying to see what you can "get out of Fox". It's not like these sets aren't a good value unto themselves.
I don't want two copies and I'm not really trying to get anything out of Fox. I was just wondering. It may have sounded suspicious, but I was really just curious.

As for reviews, I'd recommend going back through Ron's old reviews Ron's DVD Reviews or check out The DVD Journal. I'm not sure how many Ron reviewed, but he did serveral. The DVD Journal has reviewed most of them I believe.

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
John

I have the two classics you are talking about. Simply awesome and a really funny anecdote about All About Eve.

A small cameo from Marilyn Monroe is worth the admission price alone.

:emoji_thumbsup:

ShaunS

Stunt Coordinator
What's the chance the Sunrise dvd may be released at some point on it's own in retail stores?

ShaunS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks