What's new

yamaha rxv750 (1 Viewer)

Jason->D

Stunt Coordinator
so i went out looking to the local audio stores and such and there is a local store selling a yamah rxv750 for $547 canadian because it's used, what is everyones opinion on this receiver would it be worth spending the extra 150 bux to buy this rather then a pioneer vsx815, these will be used with my dads old bose speakers till i can afford some fluance sx-htb's and a sub to go with em in 7.1

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
The Yammie will give you more power and a more robust sound. I had the same Yammie and a similar Pioneer (VSX-811).

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I liked the Yammie by far. Both of the receivers you are looking at will do the same thing, but the Yammie will do it much better. The Pioneer you are looking at is underpowered compared to the Yamaha. Yamaha's YPAO setup seems to be a little more advanced than Pioneer's, plus Yamaha has a few very useful DSPs.

Jason->D

Stunt Coordinator
that's what i figured i just couldn't find any good reviews on the yamaha and being new to this i dont want to go out and buy something on a whim :)

Ken Cerce

Agent
Sound and Vision reviewed this receiver back in 2004. Here is the link to the review: http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/art...article_id=658

I personally own the receiver and I like it very much. The sound is FAR superior to my old Sony ES model that I bought in 1998. There are plenty of features and great sound. The new Yamahas have XM radio capability and the ability to turn the A and B speakers on/off on the remote. I think these are the only significant differences. Good luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks