What's new

XenForo 2 - Known Issues (1 Viewer)

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
The "latest posts" bar on the right of the screen bounces around too much. I think it's trying to scroll with the screen to a certain point, but the ad disappears after you finish scrolling past it, which causes the bar to jump back up. If the ad is about the same height as the screen, the top few posts disappear, but you never had a chance to see them because they were too far down.

Due to different sizes of ads, this problem doesn't appear to be consistent on each page, or even on the same page if refreshed.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I hate hate hate that I can no longer jump to the ends of threads. Why aren't timestamps clickable any more?

Sam, are you talking about these timestamp links? If so, they're working fine for me.

1587510173999.png

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hmmm... I never used that "timestamp" function before. I always used the "dot" that was before a thread title to jump to the newest unread post. That's gone. I did find you can simply click on the thread title now and it does the same as the "dot" did before *if* there are unread posts in the thread. If not, it simply takes you to post #1 of a thread.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I did find you can simply click on the thread title now and it does the same as the "dot" did before *if* there are unread posts in the thread. If not, it simply takes you to post #1 of a thread.

Same behavior as the previous version of the forum software.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It sure if it’s a bug or a feature but didn’t we have at least 30 posts per page before this cause it looks like it’s only 20 now.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Did the previous version include both a start date and last post date on the headers?
And was there previously a way to choose the size of the image before uploading
Every pic I’ve tried to post Is too large and these are just screen shots form my iPad.

8E7B17DD-2F9D-471D-ABEB-95A2FD75FD5C.jpeg

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
Please make the bold type for new threads or threads with new postings more prominent again. My computer screen just doesn't show any differentiation. Nor can I any longer skip straight to unread posts in the thread.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Is anyone else having trouble getting to private messages? I can see I have one unread message but clicking the hamburger then the envelope does nothing. I’m using iOS 13.4.1.

AnthonyClarke

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Anthony
To be more precise, Mike, I never paid attention in the past to the 'new' button but just looked for the bold type which denoted either a new thread or a thread with a new post.
I've noticed in just the past few minutes that the prominent bold type has returned ... so I'm v. happy again.
No more 'shock of the new'....

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Did the previous version include both a start date and last post date on the headers?
And was there previously a way to choose the size of the image before uploading
Every pic I’ve tried to post Is too large and these are just screen shots form my iPad.

View attachment 71531

Another question about these main header pages,
Wasn’t there a list of the first 3-4 pages then the last page so you always know how many pages there are in each topic?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks