What's new

XenForo 2 - Known Issues (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but myself and several other members have noticed that the post editing window has drastically shortened with the new software. We now have less than 24 hours to edit a post, which seems much shorter than previously. Is there any way to lengthen the editing window, or was this a decision taken by the admin and is not subject to change? Thanks for any feedback on this issue.
Hi Jeff, due to some challenges we have had with people abusing their edit privileges We have generally speaking restricted editing to 24 hours. We do make exceptions on a case-by-case basis for members with a good track record and long standing here, so if you do need longer than 24 hours please PM me and we can discuss

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Hi Jeff, due to some challenges we have had with people abusing their edit privileges We have generally speaking restricted editing to 24 hours. We do make exceptions on a case-by-case basis for members with a good track record and long standing here, so if you do need longer than 24 hours please PM me and we can discuss

OK, understood Dave. Thanks for the prompt reply.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
When composing a message the BBCode Editor renders the font at approximately 12pt. But when the Preview button is clicked it renders the font at approximately 10pt. The last version of the discussion board had this same anomaly and was fixed once reported. I'm just surprised I hadn't consciously noticed it until this evening. I think it's because I was trying to get an idea of how the italics were going to look in particular!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
When composing a message the BBCode Editor renders the font at approximately 12pt. But when the Preview button is clicked it renders the font at approximately 10pt. The last version of the discussion board had this same anomaly and was fixed once reported. I'm just surprised I hadn't consciously noticed it until this evening. I think it's because I was trying to get an idea of how the italics were going to look in particular!
What browser are you using? The font sizes are identical for me (16pt)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Firefox 92.0.1 and Chrome 94.0.4606.71. This is how it looks during Compose and Preview:

Firefox

Compose
ff-htf-edit.png

Preview
ff-htf-preview.png

Chrome

Compose
ch-htf-edit.png

Preview
ch-htf-preview.png

Who knows? It wouldn't surprise me if it was client-side and not server-side!

Last edited:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
It's the same where it shrinks when the Preview button is clicked. You would think something touted as a Preview mode would render the font the same size as it will look once posted by default.

It's not a big deal so definitely do not spend any more time on it. I just thought since it was easily fixed in the last version this would be just as expedient. Appreciate everything you do, Dave! :emoji_thumbsup:

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
I think I may have found the issue - relates to zoom. Let me know if it's any better now.

Dave, this still isn't a top-of-the-list priority item, but I wanted to revisit it because I noticed an additional strange anomaly to this Preview issue. It appears the font sizes are being swapped in the Preview between quoted messages and responses which would explain the smaller font issue.

Firefox

Compose
ff-htf-edit-w-quote.png

Preview
ff-htf-preview-w-quote.png

Strange!

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dave, this still isn't a top-of-the-list priority item, but I wanted to revisit it because I noticed an additional strange anomaly to this Preview issue. It appears the font sizes are being swapped in the Preview between quoted messages and responses which would explain the smaller font issue.

Firefox

Compose
ff-htf-edit-w-quote.png

Preview
ff-htf-preview-w-quote.png

Strange!
Hey Brian - let me know if this is any better now.

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
Hey Brian - let me know if this is any better now.

Almost there! The quoted text is still small in Compose mode. Otherwise, the response text is now fixed as it does not shrink in Preview mode like before.

Firefox

Compose
ff-htf-edit-w-quote_02.png

Preview
ff-htf-preview-w-quote_02.png

All apologies for my attention-to-detail OCD. I'm the administrator of a learning management system in education so I deal with these types of formatting configuration inconsistencies all the time. It's an occupational hazard! :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks