What's new

XenForo 2 - Known Issues (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I would if I knew how to as I couldn't figure out how to do it without deleting the app off my phone. You would think it would be like it's on my desktop, but it isn't that way.
Are you using AdBlock or another app? This is the instruction list for AdBlock:

Whitelist a Site in AdBlock for iOS
  1. In the AdBlock app, tap Settings, then tap Whitelist Websites
  2. Tap the text field and type the domain like this: hometheaterforum.com
  3. Tap Go, then tap < Settings to save the whitelisted site(s)
  4. Wait about 30 seconds for AdBlock to process the whitelist filter(s)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Right now, the hardest thing for me to remember is the "Mark forum read" option is no longer in "Tools" - at least the one for a single forum and not system wide. The one in "Tools" has no option for the current forum and will only do the entire site.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Just noticed any links to facebook posts (such as tvshowsondvd), are reformatted into a frame.

In order to see this tvshowsondvd facebook frame, I had to disabled the default built-in basic tracking protection in Firefox. (Even when all my other addons are disabled).

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Right now, the hardest thing for me to remember is the "Mark forum read" option is no longer in "Tools" - at least the one for a single forum and not system wide. The one in "Tools" has no option for the current forum and will only do the entire site.
Hi Howie,

It's just moved. You can do it from any forum page by clicking the button in the top right. That will do it for that forum only:

1587749404155.png

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Just noticed any links to facebook posts (such as tvshowsondvd), are reformatted into a frame.

In order to see this tvshowsondvd facebook frame, I had to disabled the default built-in basic tracking protection in Firefox. (Even when all my other addons are disabled).
Yes, unfortunately this isn't something I can control. Firefox is being overeager in blocking things from Facebook.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Hi Howie,

It's just moved. You can do it from any forum page by clicking the button in the top right. That will do it for that forum only:

View attachment 71680
Sorry... I wasn't too clear. Getting used to that move is the main thing getting me right now. I keep clicking "Tools" and then remember it's moved... It's actually a bit easier - as long as you remember. :)

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Yes, unfortunately this isn't something I can control. Firefox is being overeager in blocking things from Facebook.
Guess I'm not seeing it... at all. When I click on that link to look at the post it's fully blank. If I "reply" I see the quote and that there's a link to some facebook "media". FWIW - I have FF settings enabled to block such tracking and also have facebook "blocked" (actually not allowed to run at all) in uMatrix (and have considered modifying my "hosts" file to block it completely). If I allow uMatrix to run the DVD Talk scripts in the post I get this:

"Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again."

If that's FF doing its thing then it's all good...

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Guess I'm not seeing it... at all. When I click on that link to look at the post it's fully blank. If I "reply" I see the quote and that there's a link to some facebook "media". FWIW - I have FF settings enabled to block such tracking and also have facebook "blocked" (actually not allowed to run at all) in uMatrix (and have considered modifying my "hosts" file to block it completely). If I allow uMatrix to run the DVD Talk scripts in the post I get this:

"Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again."

Yes, your browser or plugins are blocking this. We have a media plugin that handles links to external sites like YouTube etc, facebook being one of them. It pretties up the content, but your browser and plugins will still block things as configured.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Are you using AdBlock or another app? This is the instruction list for AdBlock:

Whitelist a Site in AdBlock for iOS
  1. In the AdBlock app, tap Settings, then tap Whitelist Websites
  2. Tap the text field and type the domain like this: hometheaterforum.com
  3. Tap Go, then tap < Settings to save the whitelisted site(s)
  4. Wait about 30 seconds for AdBlock to process the whitelist filter(s)
I'm using Norton.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I figured out how to add an exception to the adblocker I am using for Firefox on my Android phone (uBlock Origin). It was cumbersome, but seems to have eliminated the annoying red box that couldn't be closed.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr

As a workaround to this automatic framing of facebook stuff, I just edited my post to include a hardcoded hyperlink to the actual facebook page.

So far it seems to evade this automatic framing.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
I've noticed that the new software doesn't allow me to add screen captures to my posts like the old one did. Now it states that the size is too large when I try to upload a file from my PC (images linked via URL work just fine). Do images now have to be re-sized before adding them to posts? The old software gave us the choice between thumbnails and full size, and I never had any problems posting them. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious...any help would be appreciated.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I mentioned that earlier.
Even iPhone screen grabs don’t load.

I’ve had to severely crop pics to get them to load.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
I've noticed that the new software doesn't allow me to add screen captures to my posts like the old one did. Now it states that the size is too large when I try to upload a file from my PC (images linked via URL work just fine). Do images now have to be re-sized before adding them to posts? The old software gave us the choice between thumbnails and full size, and I never had any problems posting them. Perhaps I'm missing something obvious...any help would be appreciated.
I mentioned that earlier.
Even iPhone screen grabs don’t load.

I’ve had to severely crop pics to get them to load.
I'll take a look guys. Might be a permissions issue

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
This isn't a problem, just something odd. When you edit a post, the "save" button has a picture of a floppy disk. I'll bet there are younger users who have never had a computer with a floppy disk drive, and may never have seen a floppy disk before.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks