What's new

XenForo 2 - Known Issues (1 Viewer)

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
For me the vast majority of cases where blue text is now being used makes it harder rather than easier to read than black. Replacing it with black or, if emphasis is desired, bold black would be much, much better.
We replaced the blue with black yesterday mostly. Can you share a screenshot of any blue text that's still a problem?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for fixing the "Post #xx of xx" feature!

Now that I've thanked you for fixing the page numbering...I've been in a couple threads whose pages number several thousand. I wonder if, for those, we should drop the comma? For some reason the comma is confusing me when I look at the post # and the # of total posts in the thread.

In other words, instead of "Post #5,697 of 5,699", maybe "Post #5697 of 5699."

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
The drop-down at the top for Forums, half the time it won’t give me the drop down. It will take me to the full page of forums.

The “happy” icon doesn’t look too happy, he kinda looks angry.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
The drop-down at the top for Forums, half the time it won’t give me the drop down. It will take me to the full page of forums.

The “happy” icon doesn’t look too happy, he kinda looks angry.
I've found it's rather picky - you must click pretty close to the down "arrow" icon. Drift too far left and you'll get the full page of forums list.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I just did a multi-quote and there was a left-over quote I wanted to delete, but that option wasn’t offered. I could insert all the quotes or cancel. We used to be able to choose quotes to delete.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
On iPhone/mobile is there a page jump at the top of a topic? I see one at the bottom.
Also tapping on “post “#7 of 65” doesn’t to do anything except refresh the current location on page.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
What are push notifications?

Not knowing what they are, I've not enabled them since I don't want to potentially have a pop-up when I'm in a computer game. But the forum software seems to really want my permission to enable the feature.

Before I tell it no thanks and to stop bugging me about it, I thought I'd ask what they are just in case it's something I do want to enable for my convenience.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton

Not knowing what they are, I've not enabled them since I don't want to potentially have a pop-up when I'm in a computer game. But the forum software seems to really want my permission to enable the feature.

Before I tell it no thanks and to stop bugging me about it, I thought I'd ask what they are just in case it's something I do want to enable for my convenience.
They are basically a notification pop up in Windows that you have an alert at HTF. Here's an example:

1587646494120.png

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
On iPhone/mobile is there a page jump at the top of a topic? I see one at the bottom.
Also tapping on “post “#7 of 65” doesn’t to do anything except refresh the current location on page.
Do you mean a breadcrumb to navigate pages? If so, you're right I don't see it either. Will add to the list.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Dave: will the software ever stop asking us for permission to enable push notifications? Is there a proactive way to stop it?

EDIT** Never mind. I just figured out to click on the link and select Allow/Never Allow and I am hoping it is done.

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Dave: will the software ever stop asking us for permission to enable push notifications? Is there a proactive way to stop it?

EDIT** Never mind. I just figured out to click on the link and select Allow/Never Allow and I am hoping it is done.
Yup that's it

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
One change I very much dislike is that now the total number of views a thread has received is rounded up. For example, a few days ago - before the change - I posted in the Redheads thread, in the After Hours forum. The total number of visits shown then was 1,346,494. Now it is rounded down to 1 million and is grossly inaccurate. This is not an improvement.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Having an issue with your adblocker notice on Firefox for Android. It grays out my screen and I cannot close your notice -- touching the X in the red box does nothing. This does not happen on Firefox for Windows -- only on my Android phone.

i-mjc9BZq-X3.jpg

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Having an issue with your adblocker notice on Firefox for Android. It grays out my screen and I cannot close your notice -- touching the X in the red box does nothing. This does not happen on Firefox for Windows -- only on my Android phone.

i-mjc9BZq-X3.jpg
I'll take a look at this at some point, but for now you could always try disabling your ad blocker to support HTF :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

i-mjc9BZq-X3.jpg
It's happening with safari on my iPhone too. Looks like I'll be on the forum less when I'm away from my iPad and desk top.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'll take a look at this at some point, but for now you could always try disabling your ad blocker to support HTF :)
I would if I knew how to as I couldn't figure out how to do it without deleting the app off my phone. You would think it would be like it's on my desktop, but it isn't that way.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I would if I knew how to as I couldn't figure out how to do it without deleting the app off my phone. You would think it would be like it's on my desktop, but it isn't that way.
I have a similar issue with the adblocker on Firefox for Android. I do not see a way to whitelist individual sites via the adblocker I'm using on the mobile version, as there is for the one I use on my desktop. And there is no way I am going to completely remove the adblocker, as I consider the utility an essential part of device protection -- right along with anti-virus software and firewalls.

I was going to see if Chrome reacted the same way on my phone, but it looks like I was able to de-install that app (I try to remove any apps I don't use on my phone).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kisanwiki
Recent bookmarks