What's new

X-Files Season 8 (1 Viewer)

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
Season 8 is only 2 days out over here and I'm almost finished the set already;) I think it's been a great season, yet I seem to remember a fair bit of stick on the forum here - or was that for Season 9?
And an easy question for the fans... remind me where the film Fight the Future came in the the sets (question prompted by the episode in this set)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
"Fight the Future" goes between "The End", the Season 5 finale, and "The Beginning", the Season 6 premiere.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Yes Stewart hang on to those siderails we're going on a trip.

An answer to your query, most of the heat went to season 9. Where many believe Patrick(Robert) gave season 8 a nice shot in the arm. As season 7 was a bit dismal. 3-6 my personal faves.

At over 200 episodes, they can't all be gems.

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator

And it was... what an action packed non stop trip that was - I thought it was a brilliant series:emoji_thumbsup:

Another question though - Mark Snow talks about the haunting Scullie theme used throughout in one of the extra features. Does anyone know if it's available on a CD (import or otherwise) ?

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Seasons 8 and 9 had many lowpoints as it shifted the conspircy to the silly "Super Sojas" (that's super soldiers in Doggett-speak). But, like each season did have some great episodes, and as usual Chris Carter is great at the set-up (the finale to 8 was great), but horrible at the endings (the series finale was weak).

Most of the complaining is about the old uber-high price for seasons 8 and 9 when we were getting far better TV sets for less than half the price. The recent price reductions are nice, but could still have been a bigger cut.

stewart borland

Stunt Coordinator
:laugh:

Are there any differences between the old full price sets and the new reduced ones (other than the price of course:D ) and when do you think 9 will get the price drop (it's not out in Region 2 yet)

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
As a big X-Files fan i think the finale to season 8 would have been the perfect ending to the series. I kinda like to think of it as being just that. Season 9 was pretty aweful but i am a completist so i might be forced to buy it anyway.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler

Stewart, I don't think so. Many of the soundtracks, scores and the ilk came out during the season 5-6 transition. Great theme huh? A bit Lisa Gerrard, but very haunting, and melancholy.

Glen C

Stunt Coordinator
just finished season 8 (having previously viewed 1-7 over the past 2 years) .... never had time to watch it on network TV then i just waited for the DVDs. (Didn't see any episodes of season 9)

This was a very, very good season... one of the best, if not the best overall from start to finish. The ending would be a nice "series" conclusion but they really should bring back X-files "2nd generation" w/ doggett & reyes for season 10 keeping mulder/scully in the past (and preferably on the big screen in another couple movies (sequel/prequels). Won't happen but it should.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
That was the plan, initially. Season 9 would have been Gillian Anderson's last season so they brought in Annabeth Gish while she was still on so that they could ease her into the show, as opposed to the sudden introduction Doggett recieved. Had the show continued it would have been Skinner, Doggett and Reyes. I think it's unfortunate that it didn't continue. "Star Trek", which has an overall inferior premise and level of quality in my opinion, has gone through several different incarnations without a huge uproar. I don't understand why X-Files fans weren't willing to embrace new characters. It would have been nice to have Doggett and Reyes on TV and a Mulder & Scully movie occasionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks