WTB: Sega Dreamcast Unit Only

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Mee, Feb 21, 2003.

1. Robert Mee

Robert Mee Agent

A few months ago, I bought a Sega Dreamcast, some controllers, and a few games from a fellow member. Unfortunately, the unit itself has never worked consistently and appears to be getting worse. In the middle of gameplay, it will suddenly report no disc found...Sometimes it does it on bootup as well. The only way to recover is to fiddle with the position of the unit, or to manually push the Laser around a bit...I've tried all the tricks posted on various DC sites, to no avail. I'm afraid that the laser appears shot.

In any case, does anybody have a spare DC unit only? I don't need any controllers (Have 4 already), memory cards (4 already), games (100+) or VGA box (1 already). As you can see, I have a bit invested in the system and it works great when coupled with my FP setup, so I hate to throw it all away. I've considered selling it all and getting an X-box, but if I can salvage it inexpensively, I'll stick with it. I'm looking at spending $20 to $30 tops. I'm in NC for determining shipping costs.

Of course if anybody wants to trade an X-box for it, I'm all ears (and grins) [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any consideration [​IMG]

2. Mark Richter

Mark Richter Stunt Coordinator

Try Gamestop.com

They sell used ones cheap

3. Robert Mee

Robert Mee Agent

Thanks...I took a quick look at gamestop and it appears they are all $59.99 + shipping...They're selling them bundled with a game title or other extras which I don't need [​IMG]

4. Taylor Assen

Taylor Assen Extra

EDIT sorry i read your posts wrong.....

5. Mike.Thompson

6. David Lawson

David Lawson Screenwriter

David Lawson
    All of my local Electronics Boutique locations have dropped the price on their preowned Dreamcasts to $29.99, so you may want to check your local store(s). You'll end up with an extra controller, which you could always trade back in for $1.00 or so.

7. Robert Mee

Robert Mee Agent

Thanks Mike and Dave. I'll check out the local EB's for sure. The E-Bay listing is not too bad, however once you add shipping, it exceeds my current budget.

8. Wu_Tang

Wu_Tang Auditioning

I don't know if you have a next generation system, but I heard you can trade in any two PS2, Xbox, or GCN games for a dreamcast at EB. (not counting sports titles)