What's new

WTB: Sega Dreamcast Unit Only (1 Viewer)

Robert Mee

Agent
A few months ago, I bought a Sega Dreamcast, some controllers, and a few games from a fellow member. Unfortunately, the unit itself has never worked consistently and appears to be getting worse. In the middle of gameplay, it will suddenly report no disc found...Sometimes it does it on bootup as well. The only way to recover is to fiddle with the position of the unit, or to manually push the Laser around a bit...I've tried all the tricks posted on various DC sites, to no avail. I'm afraid that the laser appears shot.

In any case, does anybody have a spare DC unit only? I don't need any controllers (Have 4 already), memory cards (4 already), games (100+) or VGA box (1 already). As you can see, I have a bit invested in the system and it works great when coupled with my FP setup, so I hate to throw it all away. I've considered selling it all and getting an X-box, but if I can salvage it inexpensively, I'll stick with it. I'm looking at spending $20 to $30 tops. I'm in NC for determining shipping costs.

Of course if anybody wants to trade an X-box for it, I'm all ears (and grins) ;)

Thanks in advance for any consideration :)

Robert Mee

Agent
Thanks...I took a quick look at gamestop and it appears they are all $59.99 + shipping...They're selling them bundled with a game title or other extras which I don't need :frowning:

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
All of my local Electronics Boutique locations have dropped the price on their preowned Dreamcasts to $29.99, so you may want to check your local store(s). You'll end up with an extra controller, which you could always trade back in for $1.00 or so.

Robert Mee

Agent
Thanks Mike and Dave. I'll check out the local EB's for sure. The E-Bay listing is not too bad, however once you add shipping, it exceeds my current budget.

Wu_Tang

Auditioning
I don't know if you have a next generation system, but I heard you can trade in any two PS2, Xbox, or GCN games for a dreamcast at EB. (not counting sports titles)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks