What's new

Would you go to the toilet during a movie in a theater? (1 Viewer)

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
There's nothing I hate more than having to leave a theater during a film to use the restroom. Generally I'd wait until my bladder burst before missing even 1 second of a film I was really enjoying!
How does everyone else feel?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
I'll hold it.
Unless the movie really sucks.
I made it through 15.5 hours of Berlin Alexanderplatz without so much as glancing away from the screen. Mind you, there were "intermissions."
------------------
RainHTFpic.jpg

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon
[Edited last by Rain on November 14, 2001 at 04:38 PM]

Julie K

Screenwriter
This is why I don't get the large drink "for only 25 cents more!"
------------------
My DVDs
"Some people think I'm over-prepared, paranoid...maybe even a little crazy. But they never met any pre-Cambrian life forms, did they?"

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
This is why I don't get the large drink "for only 25 cents more!"
Am I the only one who believes that they actually want to get you to pee more, just to increase the liklihood that you will pay to see the movie again?
I swear they put diuretics in the drinks.

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
I have never left a cinema auditorium during a screening for ANY reason including a pee...I just hold it in!
However, there was this one time when I was absolutely bursting and....well, you don't want to anymore!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Link Removed

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would go before, or after. It would have to be the runs mate before I would leave the presentation.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
I usually hold it as long as I can and I do deep breathing exercises and meditation so I can last a little longer. Hmmm....Maybe I'll try using a bedpan next time. :)
------------------
rock_band.gif
"See the world on the wings of rock and roll"

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
You guys are so lucky I had diarrhea once while watching a film a long long time ago in a cinema far far away (I think it was Flesh Gordon, hey I saw this in the cinema so kill me!), anyway I was squirming in my seat all thru the movie, with my stomach making all kinds of weird disgusting noises, you would think I had an Alien chestburster inside me, anyhoo the seats next to me were soon vacant, and I was soon alone in my section of the fleapit, I didn't want to miss a second of the movie so I was rolling around, changing seats, standing up, sitting down, danced a jig and as soon as the end credits appeared I literally flew towards the toilets at ludicrous speed, I heard the toilets were condemned after that episode.

ChrisV

Second Unit
I had to once, it was an emergency, there was no alternative. The movie was Tomb Raider, however, so it wasn't that difficult for me to break away from it.
[Edited last by ChrisV on November 14, 2001 at 07:45 PM]

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I've often considered urinating in my soda cup. I mean, my wife and I always sit in the back so a)we're typically alone and b) along with all the loud sounds coming from the speakers, there is also the sound from the projector.
URINE trouble now!
you're in trouble now.
------------------
"People = Sh*t" - Slipknot
My Home Page:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
quote: you would think I had an Alien chestburster inside me[/quote]
smiley_rotflmao.gif

The only reason I would go to a rest room during a movie would be to flush the cell phone of some rude person who feels he/she needs to converse on during a movie.
furious.gif

------------------
fightclub33.jpg

[Edited last by Tom_G on November 14, 2001 at 08:21 PM]

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
When ya gotta go you gotta go!
I would be so distracted trying to stay in my seat having to hold it that it makes more sense to just go as fast as possible. Yes, this means I might not wash my hands!
eek.gif

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Only twice when I was younger.....
-The Fugitive when I was 13....I stupidly drank my entire Coke during the first 10 minutes of the movie
-Little Women when I was 15....yep, you guessed it: I stupidly drank my entire Coke during the first 10 minutes of the movie.
Since then, I've had to go every now and then, but have made it all the way through the film with no problems. And these days I RARELY buy a popcorn/drink (exceptions: Alliance Atlantis theaters and Cinecenta, which have damn good of both, and even then it's a small drink) anyway, and mostly eat and relieve myself beforehand.
Jason
------------------
Link Removed
[email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
"THERE IS...NO....BAND....and yet...we HEAR a band." Mulholland Drive

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Jason, I thought you had your own porta-potty with you at the theaters. Hell, the theater owners could spring for it just from your business! :)
Would you go to the toilet during a movie in a theater?
Well, I'd try to make it to the restroom but if I *had* to go...
wink.gif

------------------
Spoiler:One Thousand Words
My Top 10 Movies of 2000 of 2001
Fox: Please release P.C.U. on DVD!
[Edited last by John Thomas on November 15, 2001 at 05:47 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I always make sure to take care of business before I go in, but if I have to go, I hold it if it's my first time seeing the movie, if it's my second, i'll go. But this rarely happens anyway.
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
If I have to go bad, then I go. I also can't enjoy a film if my bladder is aching & no movie IMO is worth that particular discomfort.
------------------
-Kevin M.
I can brave the nastiest weather, even when it's eighty below.
My Pa was an Elephant, but that's irrelevant,
My Ma was an Eskimo."
- Cannibal the Musical.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks