Would the Rotel 1075 be much of an improvement?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Philip_T, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Thinking of upgrading my amp lately. I currently have a Parasound 855 running Klipsch RF3-II. Would the Rotel be a worthwhile upgrade? Would I even notice an improvement? Would I be better off putting the money towards better speakers? Was thinking of some KEF Q series speakers as an alternate to upgrading the amp. TIA

2. Rich Wenzel

Rich Wenzel Supporting Actor

im not really familiar with the parasound, but I would think upgrading your speakers would be more tangible.

Rich

3. Stephen M

Stephen M Stunt Coordinator

Don't expect any improvement unless your Parasound is defective. Course the best way and only way to know is try the Rotel yourself[​IMG]

4. WayneO

WayneO Supporting Actor

I've demoed an Rotel 1075 and Parasound 1205 and sound-wise I couldn't tell a difference until pushing them. The extra power seemed to keep a fuller sound at higher volumes where the Onkyo AVR amp(110WPC) and the Rotel, not as much, would run out of gas. This was very slight, but noticeable. So maybe if you increased the power signifigantly over the Parasound, you might or might not considering the Klipsch are pretty efficient. And as always, everyones ears are different so YMMV. I'd keep what ya got.

5. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

I tend to think you're fine as is. Parasound amps match up nicely with Klipsch and I just don't see the difference in power meaning all that much in this case.

6. Philip_T

Philip_T Supporting Actor

Thanks for the info guys. Kinda what I was thinking. I think if I upgrade anything, it will probably be the speakers or subwoofer and probably keep the amp as is for now.

7. Kevin. W

Kevin. W Screenwriter

Newer amp will do nothing major for you since the speakers are highly efficient. Newer speakers will offer you a newer sound.

Kevin