What's new

Would a DirectTV eliptical dish (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
solve the problem of having to add an additional dish in order to receive Dish networks HDTV programming....or is this just a stupid idea?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The eliptical dish is made to "see" both the 101 and 119 (where the HDTV comes from) satellites. It will work just fine.
-Robert

If your looking to see DirecTV and Dish Networks HD on the same Dish the answer is no, as the HDTV for Dish comes from the 61.5 satellite or the 148 satellite (depending where you live)
You can however recieve both Dish Network and DirecTV Standard Def programming with an elipitical Dish.
Scott

Brad Newton

Second Unit
No, what I am looking for is how to receive Dish networks hdtv without adding another dish. I thought I read somewhere that with DirectTV, the eliptical dish allows you to receive standard & hd programming with only one dish.
------------------
May God Guide and Guard the USA!

You can NOT pick up Dish Network HD and DirecTV on the same dish.
The DirectTV signal is on the 101 satellilte DirecTV (Not Dish) HD is on 119 (Which you could get with an elipitical dish) However Dish Networks HD is at 61.5 or 148 the dish is not big enough to see that far over.
You will need an aditional dish to see Dish HD
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks