What's new

With Six You Get Eggroll (1968) Doris Day - Why is this not on BluRay? (1 Viewer)

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I haven't seen any threads or posts about this particular Doris Day film. Apparently, there is an HD master. Surprisingly, Paramount has not released a BR yet of this fun-loving little family film. I believe the only other Paramount-owned Doris film is "That Touch Of Mink" which was released through Olive. Does Paramount feel as though Doris movies do not sell well for them not to take personal interest in releasing either films. I thought, for sure, this would be part of their "Paramount Presents" line (considering they released "Back To The Beach"). Any ideas as to what's going on with a BR release for this one?

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I agree. It's worthy of a Blu-ray, for sure. It was her last movie as it turned out, and it did better at the box-office than her last several movies, but it had the bad luck to come out in the same year after Lucille Ball's similarly-themed Yours, Mine, and Ours which was a big, big hit.

commander richardson

Second Unit
Real Name
martyn
I think it's a charming movie and I, too, would welcome a blu-ray. I personally think she has great chemistry with Brian Keith (a favorite of mine) and the whole "show" is a lot of fun.
a BD would be great . The title is a bit odd but the movie is excellent and the Day/Keith combination even better . I have always wondered if many people have ever seen this film .

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
While I'm pleased that many of my favorite Doris Day favorites are available on Blu-Ray, this one, 'Please Don't Eat the Daisies', 'It Happened to Jane' (Euro Blu-Eay is available), and 'Move Over, Darling' (I think this also saw a Euro release) are all very high up on my wish list.

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
While I'm pleased that many of my favorite Doris Day favorites are available on Blu-Ray, this one, 'Please Don't Eat the Daisies', 'It Happened to Jane' (Euro Blu-Eay is available), and 'Move Over, Darling' (I think this also saw a Euro release) are all very high up on my wish list.

UGH!! Off-topic (and I apologize) but I would (just short of) kill for a blu-ray of Daisies! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
If you can locate a copy of the German blu-ray of "Move Over Darling", it is region-free and looks spectacular. It was available both as an individual release as well as a 3-pack release with "Caprice" and "Do Not Disturb" all of which look fantastic. The original DVDs released by Fox have since become defective. So I replaced with this set and I'm so glad. You may also locate this on ebay if interested.

Robert13

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Robert
I think it's a charming movie and I, too, would welcome a blu-ray. I personally think she has great chemistry with Brian Keith (a favorite of mine) and the whole "show" is a lot of fun.
I completely agree. There is such romance between them when they spend that night together and keep running into each other at the market and so on. The whole scene by the fireplace eating sandwiches is so cosy and comforting to watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks