1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Wired + Wireless Surrounds for 5.1 setup - is it possible?

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by MTL, Feb 1, 2018.

1. MTL

MTL Auditioning

Thomas
    Experimenting with 2 HEOS 1 speakers as the rear surround speakers in a 5.1 setup. Front R, L, C and Sub are wired to a Denon AVR-S730H Receiver. Since this receiver has HEOS capability, I thought wireless HEOS speaker might work as the surround speakers positioned on the side/rear.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with getting wireless speakers to work simultaneously AND in the same room with wired speakers for playing back digital audio (like from a blu-ray or Amazon Fire TV)?

Here's what I've been told so far:
    1. I will need a receiver that can convert a digital audio signal to analog so it can transmit via wifi.
    2. There may be a delay in the signal from the receiver to the wireless speakers because HEOS receivers have a built in buffer and send the audio signal to all wireless speakers at the same time, but with a slight delay compared to the wired signal.
    Are those statements accurate? Are there any products (receivers, speakers or accessories) that allow for a wired + wireless hybrid setup to work simultaneously as if the surrounds were wired?

Thanks for any suggestions!