What's new

Wired + Wireless Surrounds for 5.1 setup - is it possible? (1 Viewer)

MTL

Auditioning
Real Name
Thomas
Experimenting with 2 HEOS 1 speakers as the rear surround speakers in a 5.1 setup. Front R, L, C and Sub are wired to a Denon AVR-S730H Receiver. Since this receiver has HEOS capability, I thought wireless HEOS speaker might work as the surround speakers positioned on the side/rear.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with getting wireless speakers to work simultaneously AND in the same room with wired speakers for playing back digital audio (like from a blu-ray or Amazon Fire TV)?

Here's what I've been told so far:
  1. I will need a receiver that can convert a digital audio signal to analog so it can transmit via wifi.
  2. There may be a delay in the signal from the receiver to the wireless speakers because HEOS receivers have a built in buffer and send the audio signal to all wireless speakers at the same time, but with a slight delay compared to the wired signal.
Are those statements accurate? Are there any products (receivers, speakers or accessories) that allow for a wired + wireless hybrid setup to work simultaneously as if the surrounds were wired?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks