What's new

How Can I Listen Through My Headphones and My Speakers Simultaneously With This Receiver? (1 Viewer)

TechNerd

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicholas
Hi, I recently bought this receiver: https://www.denon.com/en-us/product/special/avr-s540bt-r and I'm wondering how I can listen through both my four speakers connected to my receiver, (R and L front and R and L surround) as well as through my wireless headphones. Prior to this setup, I was using my TV's built-in speakers. I had an optical cable plugged into the optical audio out on the TV, and that was then plugged into the wireless headphone receiver. With that setup, I could listen to both my TV speakers and my headphones at the same time. With this new Denon receiver, I haven't been able to figure out how to through my headphones and speakers simultaneously. Here's my setup: I have an HDMI cable from the TV ARC out to the receiver's ARC, I have an optical cable plugged into the optical audio out on my TV that goes to my headphone receiver. With this setup, the sound goes through my speakers just fine, but I have no sound coming through my headphones. So I plugged my headphones into the phones output on my receiver, and then I got sound going to my headphones, but not out of my speakers. Is there any way I can listen to both my speakers and headphones simultaneously?
Sorry if that was confusing. Thanks :)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
No you can't. Line outs cut off and redirect the sound signal before they reach the speakers.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Long ago I had a Pioneer receiver that had a switch that would connect or disconnect the speakers independently of the earphone jack, so you could listen to both if you wanted to. I have not seen that function on a receiver in a very long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks