What's new
World Wide Stereo

Application to use VR w/ 7.1 home theater surround speakers? Good or bad idea? (1 Viewer)

shooje

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
Hi everyone! I'm a little new here,

I was just googling around looking for a program that tracks your in-game orientation and maps it to a surround sound home theater setup through a chromecast compatible device and I couldn't find anything. I have a 7.1 home theater setup in the area of my house that I play vr in (mainly idk if this is common). Would it be a good idea to make some software that could track the in-game orientation of the player and map it to the surrounding speakers?

I was just thinking how rediculous it is that I have this great sound setup and I'm using my (kind of terrible in comparison) headphones.

TLDR: Would you use software that tracks the in-game orientation of the player and maps it to a surround setup?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunday Billy
Recent bookmarks