What's new

Wire mounts? (1 Viewer)

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to be running white #14 speaker wires along the edge of a floor and up the corners of my HT room. Is there some kind of white wire mounts I can use to neatly secure the wires to the wall? If so, a URL would be greatly appreciated. Something available on eBay would be equally welcome!

Thanks, Bill

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
You might try using a hot glue gun. Another trick would be using ultra-thin finishing nails. You could stab them between the two conductors and then nail them into the wall.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the tips Wayne, but since I want to be able to change the wiring around from time to time, your ideas may be a problem.

I think I found a solution, which is Radio Shack part #278-441. Take a look at these if you are in one of their stores. Don't bother checking this part on their webpage though as their picture is very bad and will mislead you as to what the part actually looks like.

- Bill

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
WOW, that may actually qualify for the worst product picture of all time! It certainly gives you no idea of its functionality.

Nevertheless, I found all I needed to know in the description, which notes that they are “adhesive backed.” I really can’t see how that accommodates the need to “change the wiring from time to time” better than the methods I recommended. Am I missing something?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Bill Mullin

Stunt Coordinator

Yes you are. After sticking one of these mounts in position, you then use a white quick tie to secure the wire against the mount. The tie can be cut and replaced to allow more wires in the future. Or, if you decide to remove a wire altogether, you can leave the mount attached to the wall, as it barely shows.

As I said, you need to see one in the store. :)

- Bill

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Okay, now I get it. When you said “change the wiring from time to time” I thought you meant relocating or re-routing it.

I don’t have to go see it, though; from your description I know what they are - done some professional installing in the past, so I’m familiar with them. If you want to be able to add additional wiring later, they’re perfect. Make a beeline to your local Shack now! :)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks